Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

Registered
Boy, aren't you a little teste! 馃ぃ
Just FYI Queen Snood - but if you're referring to the size of my androgen makers - which BTW, the singular form of 'testes' is 'testis' - they are just fine and producing well above normal levels of Total T and Bioavailable T. Considering I teach reproductive physiology, you should probably walk away with your dress between your legs before I start shaming you in ways that would make yo mama blush...

Registered
2 yo turkeys don't win contests.

Glad you guys are content with a top 10 finish!!

CONGRATS!!
If there was an actual prize for winning, we might actually give a ****鈥

We recognize the Snoods like the participation trophy so y鈥檃ll can keep smacking your beaks and bragging about your flaccid beak meat鈥

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Premium Member
I own a lawn care business and without fail the years that my teams win championships are my most productive. Looks like a win this year too. You guys are DOOMED!!!!
The positive energy associated with my being a CHAMPION exude forth such POWER. Colleages stand back and say "DAMN!! LOOK AT THAT CAT GO!!!"
Winning is everything.
SNOODS RULE!

Registered
I own a lawn care business and without fail the years that my teams win championships are my most productive. Looks like a win this year too. You guys are DOOMED!!!!
The positive energy associated with my being a CHAMPION exude forth such POWER. Colleages stand back and say "DAMN!! LOOK AT THAT CAT GO!!!"
Winning is everything.
SNOODS RULE!
You obviously been smoking some of that grass鈥

Registered
I also don't like to lose - but we're trying to break into an elite group. In almost 15 years of this contest, there have only been 5 groups to win the title. Hell, us Whackers have only been in the contest for 5 years - we're like the Memphis Grizzlies trying to beat the GS Warriors - it's gonna take us a few baby steps to get the swagger...

Discussion Starter 路 #1 Jun 9, 2021

www.michigan-sportsman.com

Past Winners of the MSF Turkey Hunting Contest
It's always nice to look back at the fun that's been had here over the years. I have records back to 2008. Fill in the blanks if you have anything I don't. PAST CHAMPIONS!! 2008 - Tomfoolery (245 pts) 2009 - The Snood Dudes (300 pts) 2010 - Spring Thunder (290 pts) 2011 - The Snood Dudes (285...
PAST CHAMPIONS!!
2008 - Tomfoolery (245 pts)
2009 - The Snood Dudes (300 pts)
2010 - Spring Thunder (290 pts)
2011 - The Snood Dudes (285 pts)
2012 - Tomfoolery (360 pts)
2013 - Spring Thunder (370 pts)
2014 - The Snood Dudes (360 pts)
2015 - Kickin & Spurrin (365 pts)
2016 - Spring Thunder (370 pts)
2017 - Spring Thunder (395 pts)
2018 - Pecker Wreckers (360 pts)
2019 - Pecker Wreckers (360 pts)
2020 - SNOOD DUDES (350 pts)
2021 - Tomfoolery (380 pts)

Registered
@BUCK/PIKE and @SmokeJensen - did either of you make it out this past weekend?

I went out Saturday afternoon with my son, thought we were gonna get a chance for a stalk but that didn't materialize, the birds moved way faster than anticipated. Went out yesterday morning and it was the first day all year we didn't hear any gobbling.

Took my wife out this morning, I coaxed one to gobble on the limb and got a hen pi$$ed off, but never saw either bird. The birds were using the fields on a regular basis until Saturday - the past 2 days the fields have been relative graveyards.

Very screwy spring...

Registered
Yes! Made it out over the weekend. Tried after a few different birds. All were unresponsive and couldn't get interest from any of them. Tried on separate occasions pulling two toms off private fields into public. Neither wanted to play ball. Found one wandering around on public but could never cut him off.

I didn't hear a single gobble all weekend. There's a slough of birds in our association typically gobbling to the point of annoyance around this time. We can't hunt inside it so that's why. Never heard a single one of them all weekend either.

I do have some bad news to break unfortunately. Last weekend might end up being my last and only time out. Have a bad lifter in the truck and it's doing the infamous tick. Ordered all new lifters but I'm not sure I'll be able to get them here in time to get back in the game. Tried to search all over for them in stock but to no prevail. I feel really bad but it's looking doubtful right now.

Congratulations on the bird ghost. I hope I can pull together a Christmas miracle and not let the team down.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I made it out Sunday had 2 gobbling on the roost about 100yds away they hit the ground and I heard 3 more gobbles going the opposite way ended up seeing 1 hen..
Went to another property and never saw or heard anything..
Gonna get out a few more times. Remember one reason I don't like late season mosquitos are horrible!
Sorry guys haven't hunted near as much this year and my 2 main properties just don't have the birds they usually do..
No excuses lol and I'm gonna keep trying but tough season for me so far..
Guess I should have taken the tom with short ass beard!

Registered
Haha. The mosquitoes weren鈥檛 even bad last weekend, just wait for Memorial Day when the temps are 15-20 degrees warmer.

Admittedly, those little basturds are horrible this year. I鈥檝e needed a Thermocell and spray, I added the spray because they were biting me through my gloves.

If you can find birds, the weather forecast for this weekend looks like it should be decent hunting. I鈥檝e got a few strutters patterned for the wife and kid, hoping at least one of them gets a shot.

Premium Member
I also don't like to lose - but we're trying to break into an elite group. In almost 15 years of this contest, there have only been 5 groups to win the title. Hell, us Whackers have only been in the contest for 5 years - we're like the Memphis Grizzlies trying to beat the GS Warriors - it's gonna take us a few baby steps to get the swagger...

Discussion Starter 路 #1 Jun 9, 2021

Past Winners of the MSF Turkey Hunting Contest
It's always nice to look back at the fun that's been had here over the years. I have records back to 2008. Fill in the blanks if you have anything I don't. PAST CHAMPIONS!! 2008 - Tomfoolery (245 pts) 2009 - The Snood Dudes (300 pts) 2010 - Spring Thunder (290 pts) 2011 - The Snood Dudes (285...
PAST CHAMPIONS!!
2008 - Tomfoolery (245 pts)
2009 - The Snood Dudes (300 pts)
2010 - Spring Thunder (290 pts)
2011 - The Snood Dudes (285 pts)
2012 - Tomfoolery (360 pts)
2013 - Spring Thunder (370 pts)
2014 - The Snood Dudes (360 pts)
2015 - Kickin & Spurrin (365 pts)
2016 - Spring Thunder (370 pts)
2017 - Spring Thunder (395 pts)
2018 - Pecker Wreckers (360 pts)
2019 - Pecker Wreckers (360 pts)
2020 - SNOOD DUDES (350 pts)
2021 - Tomfoolery (380 pts)

KEEP HAMMERING!!!
The first step to becoming a contender is to raise your expectations to 6 birds or bust!

81 - 100 of 110 Posts