Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
He looks ready. Then there was 3. I'm going with the 234 tag. Unfortunately won't be out until the weekend before memorial. Then another run for memorial. Located quite a few birds on public a couple weeks ago I'm hoping stay in the area. Also have permission on two different pieces of private that hold more gobblers than the grocery store. Just hoping I can connect this year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to see we filled the roster by deadline. Welcome to the team Badfishmi and Wallis. My name is Brett and I'm the dead weight you'll have to be picking up the slack for. Went with the 234 tag again this year. Hoping to connect this year for a first ever Turk. Wishing everyone a whattle luck this year!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad you are making the turn. It really helped me recover when I got out and did some "in season" scouting for deer, when I had it.

I'll be riding the pine until the 4th quarter unfortunately. Hoping my scouting last month pays off and there's still a few of the birds I located that remain in the areas. Otherwise have gained permission on a few pieces of private with abundant turkeys but I found out last year, even that's not a guaranteed bird.

Good luck striking the iron while it's hot with the kid!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Way to lead off Wallis!! Congratulations!!
Hope you enjoyed your trip to Colorado Buck!!! Any luck out there?

Sounds like everyone is getting their fix in already. I'm still on the bench for a couple weeks unfortunately. Not gonna be sent in til the fourth quarter.

Good luck in the morning Yankee!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I really thought this was a spring turkey season and not a dinner one. Can't wait to be out there looking similar to Yankees beagle. Sounds like you boys are getting right in the ball park. Wait for your pitch and send it home.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congratulations Badfishmi!
Beautiful bird! It's all about the work put in. I'm sure it feels great to have reached the end game after all the efforts.
I'm still stuck riding the pine until 4th quarter. Had a celebration of life Cornhole tournament yesterday. Today I have to work on the engine in my truck and finish getting the camper ready for season. I get to go camping for my turkey season. Hoping some of the birds I found at the end of March are still in the area and willing. Getting out next weekend for the first time and also memorial weekend.
Banking on the buzzer beater!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes! Made it out over the weekend. Tried after a few different birds. All were unresponsive and couldn't get interest from any of them. Tried on separate occasions pulling two toms off private fields into public. Neither wanted to play ball. Found one wandering around on public but could never cut him off.

I didn't hear a single gobble all weekend. There's a slough of birds in our association typically gobbling to the point of annoyance around this time. We can't hunt inside it so that's why. Never heard a single one of them all weekend either.

I do have some bad news to break unfortunately. Last weekend might end up being my last and only time out. Have a bad lifter in the truck and it's doing the infamous tick. Ordered all new lifters but I'm not sure I'll be able to get them here in time to get back in the game. Tried to search all over for them in stock but to no prevail. I feel really bad but it's looking doubtful right now.

Congratulations on the bird ghost. I hope I can pull together a Christmas miracle and not let the team down.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That looks delicious!

Got the parts in but still rebuilding the motor. Not looking like I'll be getting up north at this point. I feel really bad fellas but know that this is not how I wanted to spend my last weekend of the season. Especially on a holiday weekend when I'm supposed to be at my place up north.

Hope everyone is enjoying the extended weekend and am truly sorry about not being able to get back out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts