Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I know this isn't 100% about out of state hunts. But I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I have been looking for a side hustle beyond my normal day job. I average 2-3 out of state hunting/fishing trips per year. However this year I drastically reduced funds being deposited into my hunt fund account and transferred that money to paying off my house so I can buy hunting property. I have a goal of paying off my house before I'm 30. I would like to find something that can continue to fund these trips. Unfortunately I'm salary so working overtime isn't an option.

How do you pay for those hunting trips and gear, what's your side hustle? I'm looking for ideas to see if there is anything I may have overlooked.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Alright guys I know this isn't 100% about out of state hunts. But I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I have been looking for a side hustle beyond my normal day job. I average 2-3 out of state hunting/fishing trips per year. However this year I drastically reduced funds being deposited into my hunt fund account and transferred that money to paying off my house so I can buy hunting property. I have a goal of paying off my house before I'm 30. I would like to find something that can continue to fund these trips. Unfortunately I'm salary so working overtime isn't an option.

How do you pay for those hunting trips and gear, what's your side hustle? I'm looking for ideas to see if there is anything I may have overlooked.
Do you have any friends who work in the trades? Every guy I've ever known who is a carpenter, ect. does side work on the weekends for extra cash. A lot of times they need people to help them haul material on a site so they can focus on the skilled aspect of the job.

Deliver pizzas. I've done this before and you decent money for easy, low stress work. Pizza places are looking for people to work during their busy period 5pm to 8 or 9 pm. Knock out a few hours after your day job.

Gig jobs like Uber, Lyft, Door Dash. You can do these when your schedule allows.

I work two side jobs. One of them is serving court process. If you can get in good with an attorney's office or two you can make pretty decent money tracking people down and delivering notice that they are being sued or subpoenaed to court. The fee for this is 87 cents a mile from where you served them to the court where you delivered it both ways plus $26.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Painting, plumbing,deck building, ,running saw mill, carpentry work.

·
Registered
891 Posts

I focus on the budget side of things. My annual trips are a priority to me, so minimize other things that would inhibit me from doing them. When you put your monthly expenses on paper or a spreadsheet, it gives you real visibility on what you can accomplish. I also am growing a family, so I’m not going to give up weekends or nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
3,990 Posts

Did you ever consider becoming a gigolo? :evilsmile

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Budgeting is great but I don't expect my wife to go along with all my trips. A trip a year, great! But, when I start doing 2 and three trips a year and add up gear expense I can't expect my wife to be happy about the added expense. It helps my marriage to leave our budget alone and then create a side income that I can budget from that. I contribute some of the side income budget to our trips and some to gear and some to my trips. Also helps to have credit card rewards and promotions to pay for airfare.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey I'm open to anything.... Lol. This is actually a running joke in my family. I wouldn't be surprised if my family has bets on it.
Being a gigolo is next to impossible because women generally won't pay for something they can get for free. If these hunting trips are getting paid for you're going to have to go full on MALE STREET WALKER.

ZcdIHHm.gif

Next thing you know you'll be opening up a weekend "message" therapy place in Saugatuk.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Maybe check out being a shipt shopper. You get to choose the hours and orders you want, easy work.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
I did well over the years in concrete flat work.

·
Super Moderator
37,500 Posts
I repair and maintain inboards and outboards for tenders and kickers for guys at a few of the better known blowboat clubs around here. (Most of the inboards are Yanmar diesels) Gets me access to fantastic, seldom fished dock/ice fishing and a friendly place to drop a deuce when I'm out should the need arise.. and I have been known to crew on a couple Macinaw racers for weeknight races....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts