Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing around with my new (used) ice fishing junk and decided to run a yearly tab on my "toys" for this year.I bought everything used at garage sales, flea markets and estate sales or on closeout. here is my totals so far.

1) viking 300 shanty $50
2)8 inch mora auger $8
3)a mini plano box stuffed with 60 jigs ,bobbers, and assorted hooks,etc $3
4)ice buster bobbers .50 a pack at wal mart
5)24 inch ultra light rod and level wind reel $3
6) 24 inch light heated "hot rod" $1
7)24 inch ultra light rod $1
8)6 inch lazer auger,3 #2 jigging raps,2 #2 pimples ,2 jack hooks, bottle red jensen eggs ,frabill panfish popper spring bobbers $20
9) 18 volt black and Decker hammer drill,740 inch pounds torque, flashlight '3 year warranty $53
10) drill adapter for auger $1
11)2 pound fireline Christal $2.50
12) 5 cans propane plus 1 mapp gas $2
Unless I missed anything it comes to $147 so far. Both augers needed refinishing so I sanded and painted one and am painting the lazer today. I also spent a bit of time making a drill adapter for my auger.
I have 6 rods all rigged up and ready.My new mini perch rig looks like a winner . I have minnows from last month that i netted from the river with a fish filter on a 5 gallon bucket. They eat bread scraps. and are doing well.
lets see what everyone else did

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
:lol: Wow where do I start?

I picked up a couple of new rods for my Dad and myself, one ice blue, one lightning rod.

I've ordered from Harry about 4 times :lol: for myself and my Dad

Got a new 5inch Lazer hand auger.

Got some 3lb Trilene and 4lb Trilene, the 4lb is backing and the 3lb is the leader.

Some spring bobers of different types.

New fishing gloves

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
$0 so far. I usually get gift cards to GM a Cabella's for xmas and I usually spend them on ice fishing toys.

I didn't find anything at yards sales this past summer, well anything that I was interested in that is.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
thanks for reminding me...i just ordered a spool of the 2 lb fireline in crystal...you found one in a garage sale? nice find...im sick of breaking off bigger fish...and i prefer a schoolie to a reel with drag on lake st clair....i spent 20 bucks for 125 yds of the fireline incl shipping...

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fireline was from wal-mart in october.All their line went 50-75% off. I have never used Crystal before.I use regular fireline for jigging rapala's . It is wonderful for feeling perch taps.
The level wind is an ht ice reel with no drag.It was a ice blues combo and when i bought it it was broken but about 20 minutes of getting line out of the gears and freeing up a pawl and its good as new.I put about 50 feet of 4-1 fireline on it. i have a couple closed face daiwa micro reels that i like a lot too.I use 1 or 2 pound mono on them.
Remember that I fish in less than 10 foot of water most of the winter.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Nothing.....

Yet. I'm digging all the kack out tonight.

I like that crystal fireline too....spooled all of them up at the end of last year :cool:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Two new rods on clearance $20
A whole bunch of Vanish $40
Hooks and 3-way swivels $15

So far I've spent $75. But, I still have to buy my Arctic Armor which should set me back $350 or so. Then probably a Buddy Heater $90. Plus bait, tear drops, spoons, propane, gas... It adds up, but you can't look at it that way.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Zero $$$

...but only because I'm running out of things to buy. ;)

Then again, it's still early. :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here, but I like to use fly reels for my ice fishing rods. Bought 6 Redington fly reels off of Ebay for 1.50 each, plus $3.60 for shipping. I really lucked out, I had been using these same reels for the past several years and always wished I had bought more when I first saw them, I just happened to see a guy on ebay who had bought some discontinued stock from Redington, and decided to sell them.

I also bought some horizontal jigs from fish yum, they were $6.00 a dozen. They were very nice and well worth the price. Of course you can't beat Ficious for vertical jigs.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am at only around thirty or so and that was for the secret new hot lures i found ! eventually with gas for the four wheeler and farry transportation and a canadian liscense i will be pushin about a g at the end of the year.not to bad compared to deer and duck hunting :dizzy:.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
i haven't spent it yet but i'm looking at $400 for a new auger then another$350 for the new shanty i am planning on and THEN $50 for a new st. croix legend rod. SO i'm looking at $800.....

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
About $75.00 to Harry....................And a spud! Price yet to be determined!;)
How well do the ,say,6" lazers work with a cordless drill drivin' it? I know....it depends on the drill,right?:dizzy:
Sly:evilsmile

·
Registered
58 Posts
i bought a 1 man "pak shack" new in the box ,never used for $90.
well see if i like it?
but i've been told i cant live without the underwater camera.
so thats going to be pricey

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Myself and Working man are here with NO electronics and some have more than one.......sumpin' wrong wit dat!:16suspect
I gotta' start hittin' more garage sales and I would too except I'm afraid I might run into the wife!!!:SHOCKED:
Sly:evilsmile

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
i bought a 1 man "pak shack" new in the box ,never used for $90.
well see if i like it?
but i've been told i cant live without the underwater camera.
so thats going to be pricey
As somebody who caught a fairly good amount of fish just last ice season I can tell you, you can not only live without one but catch plenty of fish, and big fish without one

1 - 20 of 38 Posts