Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
19,600 Posts
I have a model 94 that I recieved for my 16th birthday. It was my first deer rifle and will always have a special place in my gun rack. My favorite Winchester, though, is an original 1906 .22 gallery gun. My kids and I have had more fun with this rifle than probably any other gun I have (except maybe for my Ruger .22 standard, that gets a fair amount of use, too.)
We have probably put 25,000 rounds through this little gun over the years. It will be 100 years old next year and still is as accurate as the day it came out of the box.

· Registered
11,751 Posts
dodge7 said:
With the rumor circulating about Winchester, was wondering what peoples favorite model winchester was and why?
Sadly, it is not a rumor anymore. Sign of the times I guess.

I have not gotten into long guns all that much so I do not have a favorite. I understand, though, why people do like their lever action Winchesters.

· Registered
654 Posts
Winchester will be forever linked with the lever action. The Model 70 pre-64 is of course a classic, but in the end it is really not much better, not much worse and not much different than the mausers, springfields etc. that preceded it. From an aesthetic perspective the Model 64 wins hands down IMO while the Model 71 runs a very close second. Love Winchesters but I'm still -

Ruger1

· Registered
3,677 Posts
I currently have two 94's in .30-30. One is an Angle Eject, the other, a Top Eject.

While I really like 'em, if I could have any Winchester it would be a Model 21 Pigeon Grade with an english Grade AA Walnut stock, 20ga w/ 28" bbls. :D

· Registered
264 Posts
I have a 94 as well. Hunting in MI would not be the same w/o the 94. I also have a M70 Black Shadow in 300 Win Mag. That thing will wear out a shoulder.

Sure did let the air out of an elk last year.:evilsmile

· Registered
1,648 Posts
1904 single shot .22 Long. Only Winchester I've ever owned and it was given to me by my Grandpa.

Someone will be making leverguns with the Winchester name forever. As long as cowboy action shooters and Northern Michigan deer hunters are around anyway. They'll probably just be made in Japan or something like everything else.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.