Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

3501 - 3520 of 3645 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I like to think I have a reasonably distinguished pallet. We have no problem spending money on expensive meals when the menu is interesting and varied. I enjoy authentic Sushi, Thai, Greek, good Mexican, cheesesteaks and Italian beef, Indian food, and I'm a huge fan of seafood. Fried, grilled, sauteed, or steamed. Love oysters. Had "live" wiggling octopus in Chicago and it was fantastic. The weirder the better if it's done right.

But tater tots? I'll fight Mike Tyson for the last one. You can take the boy out of the trailer park but...
Yesterday for some reason the Marysville Meijer was completely sold out of Tater Tots...even the Meijer brand! They had Veggie Tots (vegetable Tots) but...well, I guess I could at least try them.

·
Premium Member
30,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,506
Those were hard to get for a spell. Had to get a store brand once, not that bad really.
First time I saw the onion tator tots in months. Found them at Meijer. No one else had them. Some of the stores don't even have regular Ore-Ida tator tots

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,161 Posts
I baked today! No, not got baked.....

I made this lemon tart with an EVOO crust and EVOO filling. Still sitting before slicing. Didn't have a tart pan so it's already different, I think I messed up the crust and got it too browned. But ascetics doesn't really exist in my culinary world. Just has to be good, not necissarily look good too.
Lemon tart.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I baked today! No, not got baked.....

I made this lemon tart with an EVOO crust and EVOO filling. Still sitting before slicing. Didn't have a tart pan so it's already different, I think I messed up the crust and got it too browned. But ascetics doesn't really exist in my culinary world. Just has to be good, not necissarily look good too.
View attachment 632795
Extra Virgin Olive Oil crust? Extra Virgin Olive Oil filling? What are you doing to yourself? EVOO..:hide:

3501 - 3520 of 3645 Posts