Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh ya always trust your bird dog. Had to go out and check pigeons traps haven't been since Sunday so I took my little meat dog. There were no birds in the traps and after chasing one in the barn for over 15 minutes before it got away I decided to run her with out birds. I didn't take camera with no birds and I'm sure most people are getting tired of my setter pictures. Now I call her a meat dog because she will find something to hunt one way or the other. She is very cautious if a bird farts on the far end of a field she will flash point the smell. She's also very smart after going around and pointing all the places where I planted birds lately she was off. She worked the wind flashed pointed a dozen times I keep saying ok ok to get her to move. She was really working the wind ziging and zaging close to a small strip of weeds. Then bang a solid point. I said ok ok she wouldn't move so I knew she had a mouse(remember I said she would find something to hunt)I kicked around the small clump of weed and all of a sudden up comes a hen pheasant. In using this field for more than three years I've never seen anything other than deer(lots) and mice(lots). We just stood there looking at each other in utter disbelief both thinking alway trust your bird dog. Now this is no sh_t I swear she was smilling at me and she did it all the way back to the truck.

·
Registered
838 Posts
lol, thats awesome. I learned to trust my dog too after seeing him flush rooster after rooster when I thougth for sure he just wasn't listening to me call him back!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
we could never get sick of pics I am a die hard GSP man but setters are pretty to see only one bad thing about them

they have a long tail :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
As you know I know very little about this whole dog business. But the number 1 rule I have been shown is to always trust your dog. But a pheasant out of know where. Who would have thunk it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts