Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, last summer it was Green Spindoctor and green glow squid. As for Spoons, I think mixed veggies boated the most fish. Year before it was blue bubble set up and blue dolphin.

Any guesses on this year?????????????????

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
oh yeah the green on green (green spindoctor and glo/green flys) is always hot.my hotest spoon last year had to be the mag doulbe blue crush with a latterback glow on the backside.all i ran for 2 months straight.never had a chance or need to change it.smoke'in hot,i'll lay my money on that bad boy for this year too.;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
My vote for hot spoon goes to the new Stinger Pox color in the Stingray size and for flasher/fly a 10" blue/chrome spinny with a blue hypnotist rapture fly... deadly!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
It didn't seem to matter much what color glow spoon I ran last year. Glow squid did a number also. The Glow flasher glow spoon or glow squid combo will GIT R DONE again this year.:)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
YECK WART FROG WITH A SILVER BACK

10IN TUXEDO SPINDOCTOR WITH A KRW BLOOD RED MEAT RIG:corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Shawn the Wart Frog does not work!! It has never put a fish in the boat:D

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
You guys have no idea how bad I tore them up on that. Thats the only spoon I ran, and it worked every day, all day, and I light it up with a flasher 3 times before I put it out. Usually after its down the rod is jacking already before I sit down. The green glow and blue is what makes it good. This is LK MI I'm talking about, LK huron was the pink alewife.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeck's Wart Frog is always down on my boat too, didn't know they came with a silver back though, mine are plain white on the back. Guess I'll be looking for some silver backed ones.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
orange crush magnum behind a firetiger dipsy will get you as many lakers as you can catch.

run a mag chilly willy off your deep riggers and a pink bomber off of the boards with a sinker release or a mini dipsy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Last year, a Mongolian Beef Moonshine Spoon on a Green/Glow Hootchie was my most productive, with Moonshine Candygram on a Glow/Black Hootchie was a close second.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have done some internet searching and have been unable to find a place to purchase the Yeck line of spoons. I'm located near Holland and was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get these short of driving to Ludington?
Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
plugs said:
I have done some internet searching and have been unable to find a place to purchase the Yeck line of spoons. I'm located near Holland and was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get these short of driving to Ludington?
Thanks
The outdoorsmen pro shop Jenison MI, 457-3630

·
Registered
459 Posts
Is there anyway I can get a chart for all of the spoon names/specimens? The mixed veggie orange crush glow glow with the mag ladder back tape has me all mag'd out. :dizzy: :lol: I mean.....what the hell is a bubblin blue dolphin look like anyway? :lol: Who comes up with names anyhow?.....and what are they on? Maybe I should get some.........it might help me fish better.

In all seriousness though, is there a color chart of some type out there? I know there's a lot of smaller companies that are going off in there own direction, but there's gotta be something out there for general semantics.

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
plugs said:
Thanks
Their website is http://www.yecklures.com/
but they have newer products not updated yet as well. Outdoorsman in Jenison and Gander Mountain has them as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts