Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SIL just won a new TC Pro hunter in .50 cal... I would like to make her an offer and get a good deal but not take advantage of the situation. I think they are a little over $700 new?

What do ya think fellas?

·
Registered
35,620 Posts
You can get an idea by looking at encore classifieds under frames.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure the exact model but I was thinking $300? She and her husband do not hunt at all but I let her kids shoot when they come over. Got my nephew a pellet gun for his B-day but he just keeps it here because they live in the burbs. They would never use it and know few people that would besides us. That $300 would be 10x what she paid for the ticket.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Not sure the exact model but I was thinking $300? She and her husband do not hunt at all but I let her kids shoot when they come over. Got my nephew a pellet gun for his B-day but he just keeps it here because they live in the burbs. They would never use it and know few people that would besides us. That $300 would be 10x what she paid for the ticket.
If she takes the $300 you would get the deal of the century. Good luck and I hope you get it.

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Damn, why don't I fall into something like that :confused:

I'll give her $400 today............ :evil:

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
thought you said you didn't want to take advantage?:lol::lol::lol: get off the wallet cheapskate and offer her $500:D

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I didn't know tis was an auction.I bid $503.87:lol:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Give her what she wants for it and tell her it will be there for your grandson to shoot his first deer with. Then when he shows interest in hunting you can give him the gun, win/win for you.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Camo/stainless versions are routinely $879-$899 around here. The black/stainless in $799-$829 around here most places.

They could easily sell it quickly for $550-$600.

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
I raise............ ;)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Her boss offered her $50... now thats an insult. If I get it fine if not no biggie. I have a TC Thunderhawk that was a special edition with the thumbhole stock back in the mid 90's and its all the gun I will ever need. I would get it and put it away for the kids to use.

I didn't think I was a cheapskate???

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Her boss offered her $50... now thats an insult. If I get it fine if not no biggie. I have a TC Thunderhawk that was a special edition with the thumbhole stock back in the mid 90's and its all the gun I will ever need. I would get it and put it away for the kids to use.

I didn't think I was a cheapskate???
Did she at least kick him in the nutz for an offer like that?:lol:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She sent my wife a pic and its the black SS model. Maybe I should up it to $400 but I want a deal on this thing so I can top it with a good scope! Sorry fellas but most of the stuff I buy I just wait on to get a deal, if not I move on. What does a .223 barrel for that run?

·
Registered
35,620 Posts
$340 new. $250 used. Check out encore classified for used ones.

Are you sure it is the removable barrel model? XT or FX?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
$340 new. $250 used. Check out encore classified for used ones.

Are you sure it is the removable barrel model? XT or FX?
You will never, ever get a TC Pro Hunter for $340 new, unless the barrel is bent or some other major flaw. I would like to know where you got that info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts