Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought the hipster repellant, solely on the name, and it was really good actually. I haven't tried the Deer Camp.

Miller lite is like every other major brew common beer. Give it to me cold and I'll drink em all. Lol
I tried the Hipster Repellent first in a Louisville restaurant, only IPA on the list at the time. Bought the Deer Camp because i liked everything I tried at the Upper Hand Brewery in Escanaba last year. Miller Lite has been my cheap beer since 1978, still remember the old commercials with Bubba Smith and Alex Karras, etc.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon. Smooth, almost too smooth. Don't really realize how strong it is until you pass out in your living room chair at 8:30 at night. Wake up at 9:15 and realize this is 100 proof.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon. Smooth, almost too smooth. Don't really realize how strong it is until you pass out in your living room chair at 8:30 at night. Wake up at 9:15 and realize this is 100 proof.
I’ve tried Four Roses once. It wasn’t bad for being cheaper. I haven’t tried the single barrel, but I have seen it recently and thought about it. Wild Turkey Rare Breed is really good too. That’s kinda what I was comparing it to in my head while contemplating.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Coffee this morning. Gotta pick up a gallon of cider today. Tonight will be Jim Beam Black and cider. Regular beam goes nicely with cider, too. I get black in case I want one neat.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I’ve tried Four Roses once. It wasn’t bad for being cheaper. I haven’t tried the single barrel, but I have seen it recently and thought about it. Wild Turkey Rare Breed is really good too. That’s kinda what I was comparing it to in my head while contemplating.
Four roses is smooth, but it's one of those that are a little too sweet for me. Evan williams single barrel is pretty nice for the price. Nice and buttery. Buffalo Trace is a pretty good one for a budget, too.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Four roses is smooth, but it's one of those that are a little too sweet for me. Evan williams single barrel is pretty nice for the price. Nice and buttery. Buffalo Trace is a pretty good one for a budget, too.
Evan williams is great, their 1783 is one of my favorites and it is 19.99. The best place to reliably find it is Wal-Mart, unfortunately.

Buffalo Trace is ok, the price is good. I like it for a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned, it is a little boring for me on the rocks.

This is one that I found recently, I think it was ~$25 OTD. I really like it, it is a little rough straight up, but on the rocks once the ice ball melts just a little, it totally changes and I flat out LOVE it. Real clay bottle too, which is kinda neat.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'll have to look for that. You might have a different experience, I don't normally use ice, except maybe on a hot day. If you like the small craft whiskeys, I know Grand Traverse is everywhere, but if you go to TC, budget in a bottle purchase from the tasting room. Theyre off the shelf is a small batch. Not the same as they distribute. Unless things have changed, I was told they had to market the whiskey on the floor differently than what they distribute. I'm also a fan of mammoth. Bourbon and rye. But I tend to prefer a peaty single malt, so my pallette may be off.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Moonshine gives me alot of options age it with white oak and you have a smooth bourbon or make your own cough syrup using buckwheat honey, cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon juice, cinnamon, and horehound. Haven't coughed in years.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts