Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had permission to hunt around 200 acres for deer for the past five years. I have never seen a sole out there during those five years, so two weekends ago, i went and planted a small rye field in the middle of the property, and the next weekend when i showed up to check on it, I noticed some other bum placed his stand in a tree about 20 yards away from the tree that i climb. So i am here asking to see what you guys would have done, if this happend to you?

I talked to the land owner and he said he had not given anyone else permission to hunt there, but he said if someone asked him, he would let them go out. So i went back, climbed up his screw in steaks, and unstraped his stand. no lock or nothing on it, brand spankin new. So i unscrewed all his steps and left everything hangin on one of the steps about 3 feet off the ground, with a nice note, asking him if he was confused about property lines, or if he has permission to hunt, along with my phone number, because i dont want this a hole to be hunting over my hard work.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sounds like my exact reaction. I started hunting a peice last year and as I was scouting around I was fallowing the property lines and I found a salt block and a full feeder. I almost came unglued. I found that bastards treestand and I already decided it was officailly now a donation to my collection. As I was wondering around to see what else was I could find, I found the real property line and walked away feeling stupid that I almost ripped down the neighbors stand. lol

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Sounds fair enought to me

Other thatn asking an old teacher to help-thats all you can do :)

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I would sit down with the landowner ASAP and negotiate an exclusive lease.

Otherwise, no telling who you'll soon be sharing the place with.

If he seems reluctant, increase your offer.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I would sit down with the landowner ASAP and negotiate an exclusive lease.

Otherwise, no telling who you'll soon be sharing the place with.

If he seems reluctant, increase your offer.
It is a shame that you have to handle it like this. Farmlegend is exactly right on this one. I would say the sooner the better.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have had permission to hunt around 200 acres for deer for the past five years. I have never seen a sole out there during those five years, so two weekends ago, i went and planted a small rye field in the middle of the property, and the next weekend when i showed up to check on it, I noticed some other bum placed his stand in a tree about 20 yards away from the tree that i climb. So i am here asking to see what you guys would have done, if this happend to you?

I talked to the land owner and he said he had not given anyone else permission to hunt there, but he said if someone asked him, he would let them go out. So i went back, climbed up his screw in steaks, and unstraped his stand. no lock or nothing on it, brand spankin new. So i unscrewed all his steps and left everything hangin on one of the steps about 3 feet off the ground, with a nice note, asking him if he was confused about property lines, or if he has permission to hunt, along with my phone number, because i dont want this a hole to be hunting over my hard work.
Is the property posted?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts