Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm going up to Muskegon on August 12 or so and was wondering which species would be most likely to bite (off the piers, I don't have a boat)? This is my first time getting out on one of the Great Lakes and don't want to waste my time going for something that is nowhere to be found. If you want to give me a few tips as to how to catch these fish I would appreciate it, but I can probably find that information somewhere else on the forum. Thanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
In mid August you could catch almost anything fishing from the piers.
Salmon, trout, bass, pike.

you may want to see if someone will take you on there boat ?, there are several people on here that take riders out from time to time, and they just ask that you help pay for gas.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
If the water is warm you can expect to catch sheepies. If we get a turn-over with an east wind, you better come ready to tangle with some king salmon. :D

Either way, if you cast into the channel between the hours of 4 am and 6 am - plan on catching a boat or two!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
He means boats. That's the time all of the guys are heading out. I catch a boat or two every year. Some guys really like to hug the pier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts