Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can guess who this guy is in the food plot, you can win a copy of Legendary Buck Beds, Volume 4, Tree Beds "limited release". Clive's best version yet, for enticing your deer up into the trees. You cannot miss this one!

Normally, you would just write down the name of the guy in the plot, and mail it along with $10 cash to PO Box, 1234 Big Buck Michigan (near Vermontville), 40404

However, due to the huge volume of mail that will be sent, Clive will be accepting credit card numbers, over the phone, to get in on this once in a lifetime "chance" to win!

I am trying to get Clive's phone number, and he is not responding to E-mail at the moment, due to a trip into Columbia to work on his future release. Should be an interesting one, with plenty of tricks to help your bucks produce larger racks. Look for a new line of food plot seeds as well!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Finally..photographic evidence of the backwards walking, rotting flesh eating monster.

Luckily I head up a team of scientists and kooks that study rare and mythological creatures. We will be needing to run a stake out over that food plot between Oct 1 until Jan 1, or until the creature is caught.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally..photographic evidence of the backwards walking, rotting flesh eating monster.

Luckily I head up a team of scientists and kooks that study rare and mythological creatures. We will be needing to run a stake out over that food plot between Oct 1 until Jan 1, or until the creature is caught.
After I caught him, doing soil tests and taking photos of the special mixtures, I told him and his son to never step foot back onto the property again, in fear that a co-op was inevitable! So, all you will see during the deer season will be big bucks in this plot. You would be wasting your time by staking it out!
Looks to me like Big T's better-looking cousin.
You must be fooled by the glasses, or it was just a good camera angle!

·
Premium Member
31,084 Posts
Photoshop!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
WOW, I need a food Plot that looks like that:)

·
Premium Member
31,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,084 Posts
backward walking? Does moonwalking count?
rotten flesh eating ? I've been none to put a big woopin on a "well aged" steak from time to time!
Monster? Don't get me started!

Big T

·
Premium Member
31,084 Posts
is how I would describe Koz's 100 acres. This property has it all and is only getting better and better.
The river system that snakes through this parcel is clear and full of trout, it has mulitple swithbacks that create penninsulas for bedding deer, and is not so wide that deer have to swim to cross it.
There is a lot of topography to this parcel as well. We viewed the river bottom from about 200' or more above.
The timber/Ag ratio on this parcel is 70/30 in an area that is heavily ag. This creates a natural attraction for all deer in the area especially mature bucks. Koz also hunts this parcel very smart i.e. not until late October and then very selectively and ALWAYS with scentlok and ALWAYS according to the wind. Strategic entry and exit routes are established and all foodplots are in the interior with heavy cover surrounding them. Well established "Ultimate Buck Beds" dot the landscape creating several pockets for different family groups and several mature bucks. Tony LaPratt's time management plan has also been implimented on this parcel.
Although this parcel can stand on it's own merits without the participation of neighbors, Koz has done a great job of establishing relationships with his neighbors, and it shows.
The "cabin" (cough, cough) is SPECTACULAR in every way, from the architecture to the decor. Monster bulls, big bucks, fish, turkeys, predator furs, and bear line the walls and the hand made antler chandelears that he made himself are the crowning touch.
All in all, Koz has a place that anyone would kill to have and, in time, will rival any property in the midwest...IMO.
Through my association with the QDMA I have had the good fortune to meet some of the finest people that deer hunting has to offer and had the opportunity to tour some unbelievably well managed pieces of property, both large and small. I can honestly say that before QDMA it would have been a rare accurance to get an invite to march across someones hunting ground to view stand locations, foodplots, bedding areas, etc. Now it seems that is all part of the experience. I like the direction QDM is taking deer hunting.
Congrats Koz on alot of blood, sweat, and tears to make 100 acres a friendlier place for, not just the whitetail, but all wildlife.

Big T

·
Premium Member
31,084 Posts
If you can guess who this guy is in the food plot, you can win...
Man, I'm getting so popular that the poperatzzi are following me everywhere. Some how I new that when I posed for this pic that I would be exploited!
Koz, if this turns into a money maker don't forget your friend!:D

Big T

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
If you struck that pose down here right now your behind would packed sooooo full of seed ticks you'd not walk (among other things ;) ) for a long long time - !!!!

Very nice plot however - :)

ferg....
Ticks suck !!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Great looking plot koz! Your efforts have paid off. I hope you are rewarded with that buck of your dreams.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK - I guess Clive's "cat is out of the bag".

I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to have some very knowledgeable people, like you Big-T, to give me advice on how to manage my ground. For someone who has not attended MSU with an ag major, you sure know your stuff about growing food.:D

It was an honor to have someone of you, and your son's caliber and knowledge stop by and tour. Thanks for taking the time.

If we could of spent more time, deep diving the land, I am sure you would of been able to spot lots and lots of opportunity for improvements. Just means I have more work to do, and more fun to have doing it. I also wish I would of went to Tony's boot camp two years earlier, as I would be one step closer.

Ed Spin - QDMA - Tony LaPratt - MS Whitetail Habitat forum - all class acts and you fit right in with all of them. When you run for election to join on their teams, you have my vote!

Next time you come back, I will take you to the good spots!:evil:

Thanks to all for the compliments on the plot. It took me three years to get this one right, and hours and hours of time. Hopefully, the big bucks will visit in early November, afterall, there was quite an odor left there last week!:lol: I have not seen a tick since!

·
Premium Member
31,084 Posts
Hopefully, the big bucks will visit in early November, afterall, there was quite an odor left there last week!:lol: I have not seen a tick since!
Beans do that to me, but usually not soys.:eek::D:lol:

Big T

1 - 14 of 14 Posts