Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is going to be a silly question but I live in the Kalamazoo, am I able to fish any of the streams around there-I am really confused on trout streams and not trout streams? And if so what can i fish for? What is some good lures?

I found the info on the DNR website that have different colors streams?????????

I have never done fishing in the winter before and just got into summer fishing last year.

Thanks for all your help, just havent decided if I am going to take my hand at fish:cool: if I can or get out and do some goose shooting:evil: !

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
make sure you check to see if the stream is open to fish this time of year being most are closed.it's a pretty hefty fine if your caught on a closed stream.if open, spawn is good this time of year or small spinners with flo-orange or flo-red for colors.if i'm fishing from shore i always throw spinners.keep them runnin slow and close to the bottem.a number 2 or 3 if the waters deep enough.keep moveing,a few casts here a few casts thier and move.go to the fish dont wait for them to come to you.this time of year they dont like to move to much so go to them.hope this info helps.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
I know most the creeks in the area. Shoot me a pm with where you are thinking about and Ill let you know if they are open or not right now. Better yet let me know when you can go... I am off Sundays and Monday from work. I have plans this Sunday, but after that I am good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts