Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished a lake in Jackson county Friday. I was getting readings of 72-73 degrees. Do you think this is right. Cruised the shallows a little bit and didn't see any bass beds. There were bass all over the shallows, but no beds. Looked to be staging there getting ready to spawn which wouldn't make sense if the water was this warm already. Do you think my temp guage is off or could these fish really be done spawning? Seems very early to be done.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I thought I was crazy too when I was reading temps at 70 in oakland county. But what I forgot is that is just the surface, who knows what it's like five feet down. The bass are on the beds in the lake I fish.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Same thing I was thinking, I fished an oakland county lake last thursday and water temp was in the low 70s, I saw a handful of cruising bass but only saw 3 beds. I was thinking they might've already spawned? , seems a bit early for them to already have spawned, and if they did I thought I would've seen alot of empty beds.:confused:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
A Thursday the surface temp on lake LeAnn was 71 and the bass were prowling in packs and smacking the devil out the gills I was attempting to catch. On Saturday 68 and couldn't catch a cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts