Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a local lake yesterday found some crappie but only managed to get a few to bite what is the best lures or techniques to use any help would be great going back this evening

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
did you catch them deep or shallow?

for shallow, bobber and minnow
for deep, crappie rig and minnow

:D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Mister Twister Micro Shad in Black/Pearl with a black 1/32oz jig head.

1.5inch Smoke/Multi-Sparkle Tubes with 1/16oz. Black jig head

and jig for them - Bryon

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have not fished a lake in the last six years where I could not catch crappies with a 1/32 oz pink or white jig with a clear green and sparkle twister or squid body. The trick to catching them is to slow troll the weed line ( about the 12 foot depth ). My brother and his son where in from Minnesota yesterday so we went to fish a lake I knew had crappies.
We got our limit in five hours. The fish were not large 9.5 to 11.5 inches, but my nine year old nephew had a ball. The color of the plastic body should vary with light comditions. On a dark day use dark body and on clear sunny days use bright body.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
search the board for "The Ultimate Perch Killer"

tip it with a minnow and see what happens....you might be surprised

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Artificials: mini mite jigs(small) or pinkie jigs are my favorites.

Live: nothing beats a small shiner/fathead minnow on a size 10 thin wire hook and a small split shot either with or without a small bobber.

Eating: my favorite panfish. can't beat clean white meat.:lol:

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
We have used 2 rigs successfully. A crappie rig, which has a silver spinner and red or green bead attached with minnows. May have to custom make these rigs. Also a horizontal jig tip with a cut minnow if the minnow is large or an entire small minnow. The jig should not be too large and the colors should be bright to attract the crappie. Love them fish!

No one left out = full inclusion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts