Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For real ? I love fishing but i don’t like critters like this ! Are they dangerous to humans ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked it up. I don’t do spiders, glad i whacked it ! Thank you for responding. It was found right next to a creek.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just about everyone freaks the first time they see a wolf spider - big, furry, aggressive and fast. But, they want nothing to do with you & they kill A LOT of the crappy insects;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After a bit more research i am 100% sure this is a fishing spider. Dots on body are a dead give away. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
One of the trout streams i grew up fishing out west in colorado is in a desert canyon...it is called west creek. Had tons of huge big browns, bows and brooks in the 90s.. its like a triple quadruple unmentionable..very rough fishing, basically have to repel down to half the holes, into a forest type setting
..why do I bring this up? You saw these spiders everywhere...huge ones....saw one with what i assume was a brown trout fry in its clenches.

·
Super Moderator
21,257 Posts
Actually quite common.

Had 2 encounters within a month at camp in Newaygo. The first one hitched a ride on my river boat. My wife and I did a float. We pulled over to stretch our legs and she found it.

Yipes! Neither one of us are fond of spiders and this thing was BIG! Took my trout net and tried to fling it out of the boat. Didn't see it land on shore. It was on the back of my leg!!!

The second one was in my wood pile. There's a thread about them somewhere in here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts