Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what others are seeing in their areas. I am hunting in SW MI and have not yet seen any chasing, What area do you hunt and what phase are you in??

·
Registered
335 Posts
In Jackson County I saw a lot of chasing last weekend. Let the stands cool off all week and about to go out for an all day sit tomorrow wih that cold front moving in. Should be wild out there tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Since the snow I have been seeing a lot of scrapes and some chasing going on. I went to Traverse City today and the deer were moving in mid afternoon. Saw many deer now if it would just quit the dam raining. Over 3 inches so far from this front alone

·
Registered
93 Posts
Saw some small bucks chasing earlier in the week here in St. Clair county , letting thing cool down and hitting it hard tomorrow .

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not a damn thing in Cass County. No seeking or chasing by any bucks yet. Scrapes are starting to show up more frequently.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Absolutely no chasing at all in SE MIchigan in an all day sit for me today... I did randomly see does and small bucks pretty much at least hourly though....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Full on chase mode the last 4 days. Big bucks and small bucks, everytime I see a doe not far behind comes a buck. I have a core group of about 9 does and they are getting harassed allot. Livingston county
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
No chasing in Bay county that I've seen yet. They're a bit skittish but I'm chalking that up to the wind and weather last few days. Hope it gets going soon like.....in the morning would be good!!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Some new rubs have popped up...but the 2.5 yr old 8 pt, responded to nothing....never paused turned his head or changed his stride.
No chasing, no nothing

·
Registered
606 Posts
Haven't seen any chasing or pushing but I've had several small bucks come running into the Can call this last few days here in Midland.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tuscola/genesee/lapeer county borders is finally heating up. Got off work late was going to hunt my hot spot for first time this year. Since i was too late as i thought I pulled in hayfield entrance off road and parked to see if anything was happening. At 550 a decent 6 chased 3 does around in circles Then a nice 10 came out and chased 2 other does while im kicking myself for not going to my stand a litle 4 pt was running 3 different does off to my left. 3 bucks 8 does from 550 til dark. First chasing ive seen all year doe's didnt seem to interested but ill find out tomorrow night!!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
In bay county it's slow. Small property, have about a dozen bucks and only 3 or 4 doe. Still have not seen any chasing which has blown my mind. Since the ratio is really good they always get competitive around the 23rd if October.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I will let you know on the morning what I see in branch co, but last sat saw new scrapes and a hot doe in the evening walking a fence row with nothing behind her, at least nothing during human light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
14,814 Posts
I haven't put much time in. Only seen one buck each of the last two evening sits. First one was feeding alongside does and eventually went his own way. Last evening sit, one buck cruising. However, my sons trailcam had pics of does being harassed by young bucks. Lapeer county

·
Registered
812 Posts
Still pre rut for sure. Few bucks starting to nose the does, little chasing. Have seen 3 different new bucks the last two sits. Watched a nice eight make a ground scrape last night. This coming week is the week! (North of bay city an hour)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts