Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
That white guy would be better in your deeks rather than the Swans!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't want to be a downer but, as beautiful as this bird is, it's presence is probably not a good sign. It's been displaced, and if all its pals follow...

No stretch of the imagination to think it may bring some stuff on it or in it that could be bad for native wildlife, and/or create food competition, etc.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't want to be a downer but, as beautiful as this bird is, it's presence is probably not a good sign. It's been displaced, and if all its pals follow...

No stretch of the imagination to think it may bring some stuff on it or in it that could be bad for native wildlife, and/or create food competition, etc.
Agreed.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts

Thank you for your vigilance for the fauna of our magnificent State of Michigan. With the havoc caused by cormorants, zebra mussels, round gobies, quagga mussels, purple loosestrife, mute swans, emerald ash borers, spruce bark beetles, European starlings and many more I can’t recall offhand, this is a time for vigilance.

I cringe each time birders spot white Pelicans in Michigan. I’ll never forget seeing my first cormorant on the Great Lakes in 1989. Took those winged thieves 10 years to ruin the perch fishing.

Very concerning. 🤔

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

I hear you, but he’s a drop in the bucket compared to people that don’t dry out their boots between streams, or wash their boats between lakes, or follow CWD rules when transporting game from out of state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts