Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

What new hunting gear did you receive for Christmas?

2K views 26 replies 26 participants last post by  Ultramag 
#1 ·
What new hunting gear did you receive for Christmas?

I must have been good this year. I didn't get the reloading kit I was hoping for as my big gift, but was surprised by something just as good if not better. I got a H&R .223 ultra varmint gun. It's got a great looking honey colored laminate stock, and a heavy varmint barrel. I have to get a scope for it still, but that just gives me something to shop for in the mean time.

I also got $55.00 in Gander Mountain gift certificates to get some little extras, and another browning hat for my browning hat collection (I only got 3 but it's a start). I also got a gerber multi tool. This turned out to be a christmas with some nice surprises. I'll be buying a reloading kit on my own after I buy a scope. Anyhow, enuff of my rambling on, what hunting gear did you get?

------------------
>>>~~DAN~~~>

"We may rest assured that freedom is worth whatever it costs" unknown author

#4 ·
I got a nice bone saw as well as $70 worth of Cabelas gift certificates that I already know what I am going to do with.... shooting rest. I also got some money that I used to purchase a spotting scope :) All in all, a great hall. More importantly, I spent the day with my family!!

------------------
ONE shot, ONE kill..No excuses, no exceptions EVER!!

#5 ·
I got a Daisy Red Ryder 200 shot lever action carbine air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.........(for all you fans of the movie "A Christmas Story")

Seriously, I got a Wonder-duck motion decoy, a couple of chamois shirts, a pair of brush pants, and a gift certificate to Gander Mountain.

#7 ·
I got a reversable snow cammo suite. Had to pick it out my self to make sure I got the right one.
The old cammo suite was about 20 years old, and no longer did much to keep me warm.
Now it's time to go out and start looking at varmint rifles. Got a bonus check that's burning a hole in my pocket!

#11 ·
I got a new jig for fletching arrows. <----<<<

#12 ·
What a GREAT Christmas this year! jamcam digital camera, new knife for field dressing, field dressing kit, camo sweat pants, "buckmaster" hat, new gun case. mine had a broken zipper on it and after reading what BOEHR wrote i added it to the list. Some great t-shirts with deer on them.It sure has been a great christmas for another reason, My son(15)dressed up as santa for my 2 grand kids, Emily 1 yr and desirae 5 weeks, the look in a kids eye's is such a wonderful thing! At first she cried but, she got use to "Santa" OK OK enough of my rambling! Hope you all had a great Christmas!!! Ray

------------------
HAPPY AND SAFE HUNTING TO ALL.

#17 ·
Well I am many-times blessed. Hope I deserve all the great stuff I got for Christmas.

- Mossy Oak hat with camo netting
- Redhead 9in 600gram camo hunting boots
- Three turkey calls (two came with instructional videos)
- Book: Wingshooters Guide to Michigan (as advertised on this site)
- $100 gift certificate for Bass Pro Shops
- New hard case for my bow
- Agreement from my wife that it was cool for me to go hunt this Fri-Saturday.

Happy Holidays all! I wish you all a safe, prosperous, and happy 2001!

#19 ·
My lovely wife gave me a Scent-Lok suit with hood. She doesn't even hunt. But, she knows what it does for my soul, good woman. I also received a Leatherman Micra, a Buck BuckLite lockblade, and a new bird book. It's not the Roger Tory Peterson version that I wanted but, it will still go nicely in my daypack.Peace, love, and joy!
Squig

#20 ·
My son gave me a reversable hunter orange and camo hat/facemask and my wife got me a pair of polarfleece pants for under my overalls. They guessed right that with this winter, I'd need stuff to keep me a little bit warmer.

#22 ·
Guys,
Ms Lynn gave me a set of 'deer repellers', you know, the whistles that go on the front of the truck.
Anyway, I put then on backwards, and last night, 9 deer followed me home, including a 10 pointer. Freezer.
Again, anyway, can someone help with this?
o town

G
#23 ·
Bought myself, well a Browning BAR in 338 winchester mag. Decided on this rifle earlier in the year and just recently bought it. Put a Leupold Vari-x III on it and will be working up some light handloads for deer next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.