Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is very debateable, but in your opinion, what lake in the L.P. of Michigan consistantly produces the steadiest catch of Walleye through the ice? Im fed up with chasing Psedo-populations of them here in the s.w. corner.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Steadiest? as in the most consistent numbers of fish per day?

size is not a factor? taste is not a factor? I'd have to say Lake Huron my friend, Saginaw Bay to be precise.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I guess I should have made the question about "edible" and "steady" numbers of eyes lol. sorry

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
hubbard lake gives up a pretty steady stream of walleyes during the winter. i would also look at lake charlivoix(sp) on the west side. i know hubbard gives up very clean fish that are excellent in a pan.
on the west side i would look at muskegon lake as well. i don't know how clean the fish are but they do have some good numbers.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,420 Posts
I wonder how the ice is on Hodenpyl....
lotsa eYes in there....Tippy also....:eek:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My favorites are:

Inland Lakes:

Quantity: Size:
Burt Lake Lake Charlevoix
Black Lake Portage Lake (UP)
Hubbard Lake

Great Lakes:

West end Lake Erie Basin
Munuscong Bay
Saginaw Bay
Little Bay DeNoc

·
Premium Member
29,817 Posts
Hubbard is definately the best I've found. And Ed is right, 4 of us stayed there for a weekend last winter, and ate every fish we caught, was going take a few home, but they were to good. Even after the Venison burgers we were grilling out by the shanty that got Eds taste buds going. Remember those babies Ed? :D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yes i do remember it. i remember being very hungry and going home hungry. just kidding. they did smell good though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts