Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just took an almost identical pic of one on Saturday. I thought it was a cicada but wasn't 100% sure. All I was sure about was that it was huge.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Noisy bastards!
Ha, I clicked on this thinking that I was gonna be totally impressed at your knowledge of insects over all these years, only to find your reply. I`m a little disappointed Shoe :) But it was funny

·
Super Moderator
20,528 Posts
Ha, I clicked on this thinking that I was gonna be totally impressed at your knowledge of insects over all these years, only to find your reply. I`m a little disappointed Shoe :) But it was funny
Man, Pat (Gunrod) and I were in Townsend, TN, last month. Those guys will dominate a conversation. Like frogs, but millions of them!

What was that 17 year hatch those Southern Boys mentioned on FTF. That was crazy! Never heard anything like that. Like 04 or 05?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wife and I were on our honeymoon in the smokey mountains in summer of 13. It was one of those years, like a 15 year hatch. They were very loud.

·
Canoeist
2,751 Posts
Yesterday, when I checked the link I posted above it worked,
but today its prompting for a password so I set one up.

If you want to view the album, which shows a Dogday Harvestfly
coming out of its shell, the password is dogday.

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Two years ago we were headed out west in mid-August, and our first nights stay was just east of Des Moines, Iowa. There were thousands of these things, and it was difficult to sleep with all the noise they were making. In the morning they were all over the truck and pavement.......it took a while to convince my wife to make the trip from the room door to the truck! Other than the noise, they are pretty harmless.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts