Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally getting into a position where I can start looking at purchasing a snowmobile. I'm looking for a sled to take out ice fishing and still have some fun with the guys on some runs. A few that I have rode have been uncomfortable for me, I'm 6'5". They have been mainly rocket sleds. Is there any utility type sleds that would be comfortable and fast? Doesn't need to be a rocket, maybe in the 600-800cc range.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Not sure what price range your looking at but the Ski doo REVs are pretty big guy friendly when you get on one. Not sure if its the tall seat or what but they seem to be more comfortable for us tall guys. Another thing to look into would be to put a riser on your sled to lift up the handlebars so you aren't hitting your knees on them if thats a problem. They started making the revs in the last half of 2003 I believe and are a great sled. Theres a newer utility sleds out there that are supposed to be BA. The Ski-doo Skandic and the Arctic cat Bearcat. They have a 20" track on them but I have no idea on the comfort. I seen you wanted to do what sounded like both ice fishing and trail. Best bet would be to get a liquid cooled then. Out on the ice you may overheat hitting long stretches of ice with no snow on it. Alot of guys that strictly use their sleds for ice fishing go with the fan cooled motors. They are out there and still in production I know for sure that polaris and Arctic cat has them. Fan-cooled sleds wont overheat on ya but have been known to be not very fast.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Check out an 06-08 Arctic Cat Crossfire.....it's a rider forward design and can't be beat for comfort. Rocks on and off trail..... a 136in rip saw track with lots of traction. A few studs would help though. The tunnel extend's past the seat to accomodate the longer track and rider forward design. It also allows for a large storage bag to be attached....very nice for ice fishing gear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
matt76,

i run a 2003 artic cat 570 esr (2 up) its a great sled for ice fishing it has a back rack all i did was put some v-grips on the rack to mount my auger on(bungee cords and your in the game). iwould strongly recomend a 2up for ice fishing purposes. make sure you get a FAN COOLED SLED not liquid cooled!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.