Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Woods and Water Rat
21,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a chance to look it up. Thought maybe a freshly grown chaga but not really sure, thought they grew on trees but I was never interested enough to study them.

A pair of giant puff balls too. Been seeing a ton of shrooms driving around and walking the dog lately.

Plant Natural landscape Wood Fire hydrant Terrestrial plant

Plant Grass Grassland Sheep Grass family

·
Premium Member
32,159 Posts
I haven't had a chance to look it up. Thought maybe a freshly grown chaga but not really sure, thought they grew on trees but I was never interested enough to study them.

A pair of giant puff balls too. Been seeing a ton of shrooms driving around and walking the dog lately.

View attachment 791511

View attachment 791512
Give the one in the first picture a good kick. That should tell you if it's an old puffball.

·
Woods and Water Rat
21,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I guess I didn't think about it being a split open old puffball weathered, by all of the.....weather! I bet that is what it is. Those ther two were across the street. Either way, I wasn't picking or eating either of em.

·
Premium Member
11,292 Posts
Down state I had the puff balls growing in my yard every year> Back of the woods was an old field cow pasture and the giant ones grew there every year. I showed a guy I duck hunted with and I thougt he died and went to heaven. I never counted them but I bet some years there were 20 or 25 growing in that area

·
Premium Member
32,159 Posts
Yeah I guess I didn't think about it being a split open old puffball weathered, by all of the.....weather! I bet that is what it is. Those ther two were across the street. Either way, I wasn't picking or eating either of em.
The fresh ones look like they would be good sliced and fried in butter, or battered and deep fried, or diced and used in a stir fry, or, or, or.
But I guess that would depend on whether any fertilizers or pesticides were sprayed on that lawn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts