Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am hoping that someone here with more knowledge of firearms might be able to advise me.

I am interested in selling my 1975 Browning 9mm Hi-Power with the 13-round magazine capacity. Made in Belgium. Serial number prefix 75C, with all blued finish, checkered walnut grips, adjustable sights, and one magazine. I have 525 rounds of 9mm ammo to go with it.

Any idea of what it might be worth?

Thank you,
Tam

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
31,213 Posts
Hello, I am hoping that someone here with more knowledge of firearms might be able to advise me.

I am interested in selling my 1975 Browning 9mm Hi-Power with the 13-round magazine capacity. Made in Belgium. Serial number prefix 75C, with all blued finish, checkered walnut grips, adjustable sights, and one magazine. I have 525 rounds of 9mm ammo to go with it.

Thank you,
Tam

[email protected]
Send a PM to 9mm Hi-Power. Browning Hi-Power pistols are his baby.

·
Premium Member
31,213 Posts
Thank you so much for the suggestion.
Though I am baffled as to how to start a PM... I have been stumbling around the website trying to figure it out. Could you please tell me how to start a PM? :)
One way to start a PM/Conversation is to click on "Inbox" near the top of the page on the right side of the black bar. In the box that pops up, you will see "Start A New Conversation". Click on that. Next to Participant, put in the members name you want to send it to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One way to start a PM/Conversation is to click on "Inbox" near the top of the page on the right side of the black bar. In the box that pops up, you will see "Start A New Conversation". Click on that. Next to Participant, put in the members name you want to send it to.
That does not work for me. Maybe because I am a noob I am not allowed to start a PM. When I click on "start a conversation" In the "Useful Links" on the bottom of the page, I get this message:
Michigan Sportsman - Online Michigan Hunting and Fishing Resource - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

·
Premium Member
31,213 Posts
That does not work for me. Maybe because I am a noob I am not allowed to start a PM. When I click on "start a conversation" In the "Useful Links" on the bottom of the page, I get this message:
Michigan Sportsman - Online Michigan Hunting and Fishing Resource - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Instead of going to 'Start A Conversation" under Useful Links, try doing it the way I explained in post #8.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Instead of going to 'Start A Conversation" under Useful Links, try doing it the way I explained in post #8.
I tried that. When I hover over "inbox" the only option I get is "Conversations", no "Start A New Conversation" option shows up for me.
Maybe me, as a noob can't PM folks as a way to keep creepy people from just creating a new profile so that they continue hassling someone.... it shouldn't be this difficult. :)
Thank you very much for all of your effort in trying to help me out.
Best Regards, Tam

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Send a PM to 9mm Hi-Power. Browning Hi-Power pistols are his baby.
Well- thanks for the compliment.

Thank you,
Tam

Not disputing but how did you come up with the 1975 date? 1975 would make it a "C" series. You don't say anything about condition and remember a seller's 98% is a buyer's 88% or so they say.

FN ceased production of the Hi-Power last year or so and prices have subsequently climbed. Guns America has a 1976 C series with adjustable sights listed at $1,350. The owner is selling it as "new" but then with the caveat "...it may have been fired..." :rolleyes: Remember this is asking and not a final sale price. I think this is rather high. I would peruse Guns America and other similar sites.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/986850430/Hi-Power-1976-C-9MM-as-new-w-Browning-Pouch.htm

If you're intent on a quick turnover on it I'd call Art's Guns in Hillsboro, MO. They are the premier repair/restoration center for browning firearms and will often buy such products outright. I've dealt with them for a decade or so and can highly recommend them for anything marked "Browning". Hope this help.

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well- thanks for the compliment.

Not disputing but how did you come up with the 1975 date? 1975 would make it a "C" series. You don't say anything about condition and remember a seller's 98% is a buyer's 88% or so they say.

FN ceased production of the Hi-Power last year or so and prices have subsequently climbed. Guns America has a 1976 C series with adjustable sights listed at $1,350. The owner is selling it as "new" but then with the caveat "...it may have been fired..." :rolleyes: Remember this is asking and not a final sale price. I think this is rather high. I would peruse Guns America and other similar sites.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/986850430/Hi-Power-1976-C-9MM-as-new-w-Browning-Pouch.htm

If you're intent on a quick turnover on it I'd call Art's Guns in Hillsboro, MO. They are the premier repair/restoration center for browning firearms and will often buy such products outright. I've dealt with them for a decade or so and can highly recommend them for anything marked "Browning". Hope this help.

9mm Hi-Power
Hi 9mm Hi-Power,
Thank you so much for getting to me.
The serial number starts 75C_____. From what I found online, that makes it a 1975.
$1,350 does seem high. The reason why I am inquiring as to it's value is that I have seen wildly different prices online for these.
I inherited this from my father in-law. Never got a chance to shoot it much. Dealing with some health issues and need to sell it. :-( So quick turnover is not as important to me as getting what it is worth..... whatever that is. I don't have a lot of gun knowledge... but I know just by holding the Hi-Power that it is definitely NOT a Glock. :)
As far as condition goes, I can't judge.... the outside looks great but I would not know what I was looking at disassembled.
If I took it to a gun show and it was the buyer's 88% (smile) what do you think that I should ask for it?
Thank you very much for your input and advise.
Best Regards,
Tam

·
Premium Member
31,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,213 Posts
I don't have a lot of gun knowledge... but I know just by holding the Hi-Power that it is definitely NOT a Glock. :)
Damn, even a Noob got that right.

Reactions: zimmzala and ESOX

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
If I took it to a gun show and it was the buyer's 88% (smile) what do you think that I should ask for it?
Thank you very much for your input and advise.
Best Regards,
Tam
I can guarantee if you sell it to a dealer at a gun show you are going to get hosed. Before going that route and like I previously wrote contact Art's Guns in Hillsboro, MO. Your pistol appears to be in great shape and you should be able to get a good/fair price for it but that won't happen at a gun show. Call Art's. If you do I'd appreciate some feedback from you.

9mm Hi-Power

Reactions: Petronius

·
Premium Member
31,213 Posts
I can guarantee if you sell it to a dealer at a gun show you are going to get hosed. Before going that route and like I previously wrote contact Art's Guns in Hillsboro, MO. Your pistol appears to be in great shape and you should be able to get a good/fair price for it but that won't happen at a gun show. Call Art's. If you do I'd appreciate some feedback from you.

9mm Hi-Power
I wanted Tam to contact you because I knew you would cut through the crap and give him the best advice. He’s a new guy around here and I did not want him to get led astray.

Reactions: alaska86

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I wanted Tam to contact you because I knew you would cut through the crap and give him the best advice. He’s a new guy around here and I did not want him to get led astray.

Thanks. I hope I gave him some good advice - mostly avoid selling firearms to a dealer at a gun show unless your desperate for cash in hand.

9mm Hi-Power

Reactions: Petronius

·
Super Moderator
37,758 Posts
Thanks. I hope I gave him some good advice - mostly avoid selling firearms to a dealer at a gun show unless your desperate for cash in hand.

9mm Hi-Power
I have cash............:D

But I'm still lusting after that Springfield EMP 4" Carry Cut...........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts