Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pic was taken using a stealth cam, but as you can see it was a bit delayed.Do not know why other than it was below zero several nights in a row, and maybe the cold just got to it. I did manage to get a few pics of some does and a button, but I think this is a fairly nice buck, but my buddy disagrees. Come on fellas, what is it? Buck, doe, age?? I will try and post a larger pic...

Say ya to da U.P., eh?

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Thats a deer walking past a tree.

And if you look closely, you'll see a mature Cougar, female, most likely, about 140#'s stalking this deer! You can see her eyes in the darkness!! :evil: :lol:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Too many variables for me to speculate age and sex. My buddy shot a spike up north last year that was quite a bit larger in the body than an 8 point I shot this year. Food/genetics/area etc. can all play a role in shape and size. Anyhow I was writing to tell you that I have a stealth cam also. The instructions mine came with said it wouldnt work right below 20 degrees. ALso when I set it up on a trail that is going to give a close shot I put duct tape on either side of the sensor so it will only trigger when the deer is centered. That has eliminated head and butt shots for me. If you are farther back it is not necessary. Although in this case it probaly would not have triggered at all if you had done that since the deer looks like it was already past when the shot was taken. Love those trail cmeras.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Why can't ya tell that is a Michigan Cougar. its head is not in the pic, but its tail is hidden by the tree. Wow you did it you got the only pic of one in the wild. WOO HOO

:lol: :lol: :evil: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Obviously it's a buck.

It's lifting it's leg on the tree, just like a male dog :lol:

·
Registered
11,704 Posts
I say buck (see the hanging piece?) 2.5 year or maybe a 3.5 year old. Definitely a buck though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMAO!!! :chillin: :lol: I did not notice the hanging 'piece', I was concontrating on the very noticeable stained tarsal on the off leg.

Say ya to da U.P., eh?

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
It's one of those robo-deer decoys the DNR uses, but someone stole the head. That be a pretty cool piece above the camp bar, invite some buds over and rotate the head position when they're not looking. :lol:

Does look in the 2.5 yr old range, imo.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Body size and tarsal gland indicate a buck. Imagination and vision indicate it's a near perfect 10 point with a 22" spread and 12" G2's......:p

·
Trophy Husband
2,948 Posts
That is a deer walking backwards past a tree. If you had the camera set for mutiple shots you would have seen the head. But then we wouldn't have had this cool thread either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts