Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching T.V. in my living room, when I seen this strange bright light coming through the window. I appreared to be coming from a distant bright yellow ball in the sky. It kinda reminded me of this thing I remember seeing about 3 weeks ago called the SUN.:yikes: :yikes: :lol:

·
Registered
290 Posts
apparently in the last 15 days we've had only 14 minutes of sunlight, in my area anyway

·
Registered
80 Posts
:help: There's always new catalogs and old fishing magazines........also: a lure a day keeps the blues away!........reorganized my tackle box for the seventh time..........thinking about booking a travel agency for a trip to Bass Pro in Detroit.........or, maybe, Cabelas........:help:

·
Premium Member
11,104 Posts
tommy-n said:
Maybe the lack of sunshine is why I keep catching way to many big fish:D
Perhaps you can share any info as to whether you have been catching them lately and what body of water!:confused: I am sure that most of the guys on here would be interested in any fishing that has been happening lately.

P.S. The sun was just shining in my window. Scared me!:yikes:

Bob

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lets see i have orginized my Walleye box, Musky box, crawler harnes holder, waxed my kicker motor ( in the basement), re oiled my reels, and i am just in a bad mood. With no sun and not much to do my wife has told me countless times god i wish you would go fishing or hunting or somthing, just get out of my hair ( she would never say them things unless it was bad :lol: ) GOD please help me get through the non hunting and fishing times.:lol:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
There's a crazy blinding light coming through the window right now! I think someone is shining a spotlight or something, I can't remember seeing such a bright light before:gaga:

Oh.....it's the sun:lol:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It's a nice sunny & beautifull 20 degree day here.
It's good to see the sun for a change.

I haven't been on the ice since wednesday...
I may have to go find a dock to fish off of for a
couple days before I get the shakes.

Mike

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Deer Slayer said:
Perhaps you can share any info as to whether you have been catching them lately and what body of water!:confused: I am sure that most of the guys on here would be interested in any fishing that has been happening lately.

P.S. The sun was just shining in my window. Scared me!:yikes:

Bob

Good luck Bob.

Tommy has always seemed to prefer the Show portion of the "Show and Tell". No big deal. And probably not a stigma, just in every individuals personality. You'll learn quickly (if you stick around long enough) whos posts to jump on for both pictures and info when they appear. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
tommy-n said:
Maybe the lack of sunshine is why I keep catching way to many big fish:D
Wow, that's a bummer. PM me and I'll do what I can to help aleviate the situation. :D

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
HA HA HA capt Dan, I'm afraid most the lakes I fish are 30-250 acres and can't really take the pressure of 12,000 members from this site. It's not really much different than the way you operate Dan, you have a tendancy to turn your radio off or not answer it unless it benefits you in some kinda way:D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Blue Bird shys and cold just the way I like it too bad it wont last long enought to make some ice.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Seems You always have to get Your pantys in a knot, when Capt. Dan has something to say. What's up with that ? Personally, I've never met anyone more willing share information/tips with anyone. Perhaps You'd be kind enough to share some of Your expertice ? Bob

·
Registered
743 Posts
I know you guys all have certain lakes you prefer to fish and i know most of you don't have ice good enough to fish. I live mid-state along M-20 and east of Remus which is about 20 miles east of Mt Pleasant and pretty much all of our lakes are fishable with the average of 4 - 6 inches of good ice. So i would have to say that most lakes from my area north have good ice, No water or slush on top thanks to the cold temps we recently had. If you really NEED to get out and fish, come on up. A couple lakes in our area that have been producing good panfish would include Lake Mecosta, Chippewa Lake and Haymarsh Lake and all have public access. Use caution as always because ice conditions vary lake to lake and ask at the local bait shop where to stay away from (stream inlets and springs).

Hey Tommy..........that pic of the perch your son caught has to be the BIGGEST perch i have ever seen in my life, must be a world record. It's wider than his chest, what did it weigh in at? Around 15 lbs?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
O.K....O.K. hang on a second gang. I dearly appreciate the moral support, something not seen very often on boards. But well knew I might be sticking my foot into a bear trap when I made my comments to Bob. I think Tommy is an accomplished fisherman, and my initial thought/idea was to maybe nudge him into saying more than "We've been killing them, or look at these pictures." That's truly all I was trying to accomplish. And I personally don't seek or want the reputation of (Fire Starter) on this board either.

I kinda figured Tommy was catching these fish in small (possibly private) lakes somewhere. And even though I myself would probably say where the lake is, or at least why I couldn't or wouldn't, if the case dictated. I probably would not Give GPS waypoints or name the exact corner I'm fishing in either. I guess the jest of what I was trying to accomplish was this.

Nobody expects anybody to give up their honey holes. And everybody likes seeing nice fish, that's part of the charm of fishing. Especially if we, our friends, or somebody we know are personally holding them. But to continue adding absolutely no information whatsoever along with them, seems to turn the knife, has a (in your face) feel with others stuck at home, is a bit odd on a fishing information board, and might be better appreciated and viewed in ones own photo gallery.

Especially this year, when there's few if any safe places for most people to get out and fish right now. And I hope my intent and honesty concerning this whole issue, isn't confused as a personal affront to anybody. I'd just hope it would make people think, and possibly loosen their tongues to give some Tid-Bit of information (even if its only techniques used) along with the pictures for the benefit of all. Who knows, it might become addictive and leave one with to many fishing places to choose from. Now wouldn't that be a nice problem to have? :grouphug: ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts