Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Has anyone noticed it's been rare to catch any goby's or chubs this year on the pond? Have the bass ate em all?
JohnR

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The perch and the smallies found out thier good to eat. Most of the perch we caught last spring had gobies in them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have heard they prefer colder deeper water so you will find them more in the St Clair river and the south end of Lake Huron.

·
Super Moderator
37,515 Posts
SHHH Ed, you weren't supposed to tell anybody about the St. Clair Triangle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Try fishing the St. Clair river with harnesses with any amount of sunlight. stopped fishing during the day there because it was so frustrating putting worms on every 30 seconds. Have cleaned many perch with small gobies in their stomachs.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Mack try putting a one inch piece of worm on the first harness hook and back it up with a rubber worm. the little chunk of worm gives it some smell and the sml gobbies and perch seem to hit only the back of the rubber worm.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
My opinion on gobies. If your fishing anyplace with the slightest current you don't catch gobies. I could be full of it(it won't be the first time) but after perch fishing in Erie and catching them(no current), and then later in the year fishing closer to the Detroit river(current) and not catching them, that's the only thing I can figure out. Also fishing for smallmouths in Little Traverse Bay with no current, and catching them again.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I got a few this year out of Metro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts