Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Just love watching the dogs run

Votes: 2 2.0%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what caliber of gun you mostly use for Rabbits. I Prefer my Ruger .22 with Busnell scope.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I use a Winchester 1300 Walnut in 20 gauge with a 22" barrel and carry my Taurus Tracker .22 revolver. I just purchased a Remington 597 HB in .22lr that will see plenty of use. I am also looking at a Stoeger Upland Special side by side in 28 gauge that I think will make the ideal bunny gun (pat's also). I love the way those SxS's feel and it's cheap enough that I won't be scared to pound brush with it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jeesh with all that money you make you should buy a good gun! lol :D jsut had too iam bored at work tonight

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Can you hit a bunny on the run with a .22 using a scope? I usually use my.22 with the iron sight, but since all 3 of them are mis-firing (2 really old and one is in need of a reall good cleaning on the inside) I decided to use my .410 this morning. It's a single shot, but I didn't miss! (this time anyway!) I think I'll be using the .410 alot more.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
of course i can hit one on the run...............sometimes. The power on the scope is only 1.75 by 4. I just like the crosshairs.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My grandpa uses his .22 pistol on occasion and he claims it is real tough but very fun.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I use my Rem 870 Magnum 12 ga. with # 4 shot. :cool:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Started out using a 20 guage when I was a kid. I now use my 12 guage. My most fun is with my bow though. Next challenge will be to try and use a muzzleloader.

Dan

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
I usually go out stalking on those warm sunny days and I use my .22 rifle or my .22 revolver. If I was hunting with a dog I would take out my pump 20 ga.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use a mod 42 winchester pump .410. I got is last year and the thing is practically an extension of my arm. I'm 10 for 11 on rabbits with it. The funny thing is I use to hunt with a 16 ga and I missed a lot lot more.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We need to add another category to this poll: Bow. I've hunted rabbits a lot with a bow. It's fun as heck as long as you're not too hungry.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts