Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why is it we have had so many strong High pressure systems with strong barometric pressure so far this fall?Stupid presuures like 30.35 or higher that affect fishing tremendously and the ability to catch fish especialy if your still fishing.So far weather has turned this into one of my worst fall fishing seasons for salmon ever.Did I mention I hate Canadian High pressure systems?Well I do in case I didnt.
Aaron

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'll say it,
Just Shut up and fish you big baby:gaga:

It's like deer during the rut, They will come No matter the weather......

No offense- ron

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Why is it we have had so many strong High pressure systems with strong barometric pressure so far this fall?Stupid presuures like 30.35 or higher that affect fishing tremendously and the ability to catch fish especialy if your still fishing.So far weather has turned this into one of my worst fall fishing seasons for salmon ever.Did I mention I hate Canadian High pressure systems?Well I do in case I didnt.
Aaron
Excuses? I don't know man, this fall has been pretty easy to catch fish.

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excuses? I don't know man, this fall has been pretty easy to catch fish.
Well the other guys that are fishing like I do are also struggling to catch them so I know its not just me.I know where we are fishing has something to do with it also:lol:

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
I am guessing, from past reports of yours, that you are fishing an East side spot. I am just throwing it out there that there are very few Kings left in Lake Huron. Sure some get caught, and a few are of decent size - maybe 12# - 15#. But nothing like they used to be. I have switched from fishing the Ausable almost exclusively for Salmon and Steelhead to fishing the west side, the last few years. I had to go west to find any decent fishing, and I just haven't had a reason to come back - even though it is MUCH more convenient for me to fish the Ausable. I have the use of a very nice cabin on the East side, and mostly sleep in my truck when I fish the west side - but west it is, for me. Fishing might not be all about the catching, but some of it is, and fishing lake Huron tribs doesn't give me much catching anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts