Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I like to run speed loaders set up with my favorite load and use a .50 T/C Encore :)

I can shoot out to 200 if I want loading with 150 grain and a 180 Horady .45 sabot hollow point.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
45.cal CVA muzzleloader with 200gr. Sabots. She's a shooter!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
The custom in my avatar, with a stiff dose of BH209 and a 300gr Fury ST2 bullet.
I use Lane's tubes to store propellant, which are completely water proof.
The wads and bullets are in the green 45cal. TC speed loaders.
Modules are kept in a 5mm Lane's tube.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I have an older CVA bolt action, but would like a break action. and next year., I want to work in reverse and get to know my TC Hawkins, and TC Philadelphia , cap and ball guns

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
IMG_3400.JPG
Remington Ultimate (i.e. RUM) 300 Grain T/C Shockwave using the T/C Sabots. 220 of formed propellant and braked. Will try for 200 grains of powder with 250 SW next shooting session after season. It hits now so as the wise professor say"do not screw with it", it only took me 48 shots to get were I am now. Tried for a Boyd's stock but they do not make it for the new RUMs yet. Shoot straight every body, be safe and remember the blow after that exciting shot!
P.S. Good luck Encore, you must not have scored yet!

Reactions: ENCORE

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
View attachment 464963 Remington Ultimate (i.e. RUM) 300 Grain T/C Shockwave using the T/C Sabots. 220 of formed propellant and braked. Will try for 200 grains of powder with 250 SW next shooting session after season. It hits now so as the wise professor say"do not screw with it", it only took me 48 shots to get were I am now. Tried for a Boyd's stock but they do not make it for the new RUMs yet. Shoot straight every body, be safe and remember the blow after that exciting shot!
P.S. Good luck Encore, you must not have scored yet!
Nope, seen one 7pt and couldn't get the shot. He made over into the neighbors beans right at 500yds and it would have been an easy take, but the neighbor was also hunting. He ended up walking right by the neighbor... BANG.

Just a word of caution about a Boyd's stock and that RUM. It might not last long in the RUM. Heavy recoiling rifles are cracking quite a few Boyd stocks.
Because we can't sell here, you missed my original McMillan thumbhole that your rifle would have dropped right into. I let that go for $200.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
THompson Center Renegade, 90gr FFF (I know, s/b FF, but it works) cap, patch and round ball, iron sites.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Original stainless Remington 700ML with Fred Arnold hunter bolt nose conversion. Stock is a laminate thumb hole stock that I did custom finish inletting, bedding, hardware and hand rubbed oil finish. Vortex glass and 100 grains by volume BH209 with Barnes 290 TMZ. Love this muzzy and can’t wait for opener tomorrow!!!! It shoots great and gets the job done with those mean Barnes!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nope, seen one 7pt and couldn't get the shot. He made over into the neighbors beans right at 500yds and it would have been an easy take, but the neighbor was also hunting. He ended up walking right by the neighbor... BANG.

Just a word of caution about a Boyd's stock and that RUM. It might not last long in the RUM. Heavy recoiling rifles are cracking quite a few Boyd stocks.
Because we can't sell here, you missed my original McMillan thumbhole that your rifle would have dropped right into. I let that go for $200.

Have busted 3 Boyd's stocks. They wouldn't warranty the last one, so I'm done with them. All my heavy hitters have all aluminum bedding blocks. The sad part for them is that I order a custom stock for every gun due to a long length of pull.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Tc thunderhawk, with bell and Carlson thunbhole. Stock. 100gr blackpowder 200gr xtp in break a way sabot. Still using #11 rws primers....yeah I'm old. But like a light gun...

·
Registered
85 Posts
.54 Caliber Lyman Great Plains Flintlock. .535 patched round ball on top of 100gr of GOEX FF. If I'm lucky enough to have one walk close enough, less than 25 yds, the the Ruger Old Army gets a crack at them. Surprising what that little .457 ball can do.

Hopefully next year, I'll have the .62cal Jeager rifle in the field with me.

All the best

·
Registered
35,208 Posts
I’ve been hunting with my Johnston 40x Ultra. 300gr SST over 4 Pyrodex pellets Harvester sabot and Starline brass primer holder.

Seeing lots of deer just not the right buck yet. This cold front should get the big ones moving. Hopefully this should push one out of the federal wilderness area this way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts