Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have never bought Cabela's waders but my friend is on his fifth pair in the last five years. The good news is they have a great return policy. The bad is that my friend is not rough on waders and I have seen him put on a brand new pair of Cabela's waders and they leak. One time the steel shank came right out of the foot. I still cannot figure out how that happened.

If it is easy for you to return them I would buy them and if you are not happy take them back. If they last year and are then faulty take them back.

I think my next waders will be Cabela's because I always need an excuse to go there and I think that my friend is an exception to the rule.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I loike them & they do have a great return policy. My 1000 g ones have been returne twice.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I loved mine, I retired them the end of last season after 6 seasons, only had minor issues with them and I beat the crap out of them.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have had a set of the Cabelas ultimate waders for 6 years now without any leaks or tears. The only problem is that you will sweat your butt off in them untill the second half of the season. I have walked through briars and ice without any damage. I would not hesitate to buy the same set when these ones wearout.

Lou

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
i have 2 pairs of cabelas waders, 1st pair is 8 years old and no leaks or issue's other than sweating in the early season. the second pair is brand new for this season (x-mass present) the zippered style and i can only hope this will stop the sweating issue not to mention the comfortable issue in my homemade layout boat. i think being able to un zip in the layout will help a great deal in shooting and comfort. when i bought my first pair i was told if you ever have a problem with a cabelas wader just bring it in and exchange them, period, i like that program.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I bought a pair of Cabela's ultimate, they lasted me a full season. That is pretty good.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i've had a couple pairs, they get me through about 1 season a piece on average. cabelas has replaced them everytime with a credit of the purchase price at least.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the heel rips out on everypair i've had. Where the insulation meet the rubber on the back. Thought it was a fluke but after 4 pairs in 2 years doing the same thing i was done. Happened to a buddy too so i wasnt because a too small a pair of waders

·
Registered
329 Posts
This will be my 5th year in the same pair of Cabela's waders (1000 gram Ultimate). A buddy had a pair for longer than that that sprung a leak out west a few years back. We stopped in Minnesota on the way back and they gave him full credit for the cost of that type of wader at the time. And that was $20-$30 more than he paid way back when! You can't beat their customer service!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
As someone who wears them every weekend + weekdays, for 2-3 months, I can tell you the Pope would love them: they're holy.

I buy Hodgeman and Kobuk.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have two pairs: 400g boot foot breathables that are awesome in the early and middle season.
The other pair is the 5mm neoprene with 1600g boots. You will never get cold in these!
Both pairs have held up really well and the breathables seem a lot more durable than any neoprene waders I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Love mine they are the "ultimate hunting waders" I believe 1200 in the boots. Don't think they make the 1200's anymore though, just 1600 which is a little much for me. Going on year three and no problems yet, have even used them steelhead fishing, so they get a good workout.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Brushbusters for rough stuff (briars, burrs, heavy cover, etc.).

And their 1600 gram series for later in the year.

I also have a pair of the waist waders that I use when deerhunting or walking through really wety conditions.

Hip boots for upland around water or VERY shallow duck hunting.

Between them all I am covered for any situation, and have never had any serious issues with this line of their products.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts