• 28 guage

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this 20 or 12 questions got me to thinking what does everyone on here shoot?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I voted 12 because that is what I shoot most of the time. I shot SC with it all Summer making it that much more comfortable. I love my little AL 48 20, but I just feel more comfortable with my Alcione.

The Franchi Highlander SxS is being produced in a 20 in 06, that will most likely be my next weapon.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I voted 12 gauge as well but that only started this year. In previous years I have shot my Berreta 390 silver mallard that is nice and light and a dream to carry all day. With a purchase last spring I spent a lot of time in the woods with a twelve this year. Who knows maybe the 20 will show its face in the late season.
Ric

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
7mm STW.......?:shhh:

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I voted for the 12 as well. If I were a better shot or hunted specifically for woodies I would go with something smaller but since I primarily target grouse and an average shot, I'll stick with the 12. Hopefully after another summer at the range I'll be able to use a 28 for both.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
What is it Terry?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
PM sent..........

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The only time I felt really under-gunned with a 20 ga. was the time we were peeking in a bears den in the U.P. and realized he might be peeking back...yikes!...Scott

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I voted 12 as well, I have three 12s. :lol:

My next will be a 20, but I am 230lbs, so carrying has never been a problem and my o/u is 7lbs. . .but I am getting old now. . .just turned the big 3-0 Sunday!!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm surprised at the number of 12's.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I only have 1 shotgun. That is a 12. So that is what I use. If I get a OU, it will be a 12 as well. No sence having multiple shells laying around.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yeah Scott, now that you mention that, and considering how we did.... maybe we should start shooting 12's. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have always stuck with my old standby, the remington 1100 in 20 ga. It's light and not too bulky so it's easy to manuever when going through the "thicks" as my dad and i call em searching for grouse.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
load for load, the 12 carries a slight ballistic advantage. brand for brand and model for model, the 20 carries a definite advantage in weight and balance except for some of the better medium to higher priced s/s's.

the gun is far more important than the cartridge(within limits)- reasonable weight, neither to light nor heavy and of course fit.

the gun i shoot the best is an AyA 12 s/s 6lb 12 oz. it fits me well.

the gun i use the most now is a Browning Gran Lightning 20 6lb 12 oz. i use it because i like it and am determined to shoot it as well as the AyA. the cartridge isnt the problem, i have a 20 Ithaca SKB that i shoot well and have used since '72. it's the difference in the gun.

the ideal gun would probably be a 12bore s/s with english stock and splinter forearm with a custom fit, 27 or 28" bbls and weighing about 6lbs 6oz.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
dogwhistle said:
the ideal gun would probably be a 12bore s/s with english stock and splinter forearm with a custom fit, 27 or 28" bbls and weighing about 6lbs 6oz.
Sign me up! I agree and something fitting this description will probably be my next purchase. Two triggers would be a must too. Choked cylinder and Ic, boy oh boy, what a slump buster she would be.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts