Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i just add another box of plugs to the collection!! and it is filled with kendall plugs that never seen water!! what should i do save them or fish them!! the colors on some of them are just screaming at me!!
what would u do?? :confused:
and how much are they worth now a days?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
They will all catch fish. Best ones were made by Norm before he passed away. Danny made some later, and may still be making some, but I do not think the quality was quite as good. Great plugs from great fishermen. Norm probably caught as many fish as anyone that ever fished this river. One of my best memories was ice fishing with Norm on what I am sure was one of his last winter trips. I have a Zippo lighter he carried with him and a sharpening stone he used many times to touch up his fillet knives. I bought my first shotgun from him when he worked at Schneider's gas station in Marine City where he sold sporting good from a catalog. There should be a picture of him in the dictionary next to "river rat".

212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the plugs look amazing a swim great. I showed a guy that knew Norm a long time!! He said they where all Norm's plugs!! Guy offered me 450$ for the box.. "I think I'm going to holed on to them for a while"!!;)

212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seems like a good plan. You really have something special there that only those of us that knew Norm would understand.
:)Yup there going to stay in my family for a long time!! Thinking about mounting a walleye and putting one in its mouth in memory of THE GREAT WALLEYE NORM!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
so i just add another box of plugs to the collection!! and it is filled with kendall plugs that never seen water!! what should i do save them or fish them!! the colors on some of them are just screaming at me!!
what would u do?? :confused:
and how much are they worth now a days?? :confused:

You got yourself some classics there boy!! Norn Kendal was an institution as far as walley fisherman go and more-so as a plug maker goes. I used to fish with his son Danny all the time. Norm made these in a little shack behind his house and all us trollers and still fisherman collected his plugs. Never sell them and revere them my freind, they are truely classic!

212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You got yourself some classics there boy!! Norn Kendal was an institution as far as walley fisherman go and more-so as a plug maker goes. I used to fish with his son Danny all the time. Norm made these in a little shack behind his house and all us trollers and still fisherman collected his plugs. Never sell them and revere them my freind, they are truely classic!
Thank you!! I'm never going to sell them, and i pulled out about 20 that r going in a glass case when I make it! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Thank you!! I'm never going to sell them, and i pulled out about 20 that r going in a glass case when I make it! Lol
i need a close up because i know i have some...i used to live out that way and also my dad used to pick them up from him...i want to separate the kendalls from the rest of the pencils [which i don't use anymore].

212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i need a close up because i know i have some...i used to live out that way and also my dad used to pick them up from him...i want to separate the kendalls from the rest of the pencils [which i don't use anymore].
I can get u a Pic Monday!! Out of town for a couple days. And what a week to be away from the island!! I'm dieing out here!! Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts