Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the MSU game is still going, i just had to look away:D To say the least, they are hopeless, LOL. Maybe not, but, it's not looking good. Don't worry, this is just one of those years for MSU, after you lose your super-star, they are just starting to re-coup with smoker back. I think they'll go 5-6, or, how ever many games they play.

As for michigan, WHOLE different story. Tho, it's not a real good test for them against central mich., but, there offense looked fantastic, ALOT better than last year. Perry look extremly sharp, finding holes, exploding through them, making great cuts, he is alot faster than last year. Perry looks to be the next great michigan RB. Navvare look sharp as usual, he looked a little slugish during the beginning, then, he improved, back to his heisman-form. Edwards, dropped one early in the game, that i thought should've been caught by him, but, during the beginning, the whole offense looked slugish as they had to get back up to speed. But, he came back strong, caatching 5 passes, for 73 yards, and 2 nice TDs. Their defense looked great as usual, i wasn't looking, but, was jackson in????I am pretty sure he is going to play. Like i said, they ARE a true national championship contender, was ohio state last year??? NO, you never know, i am saying this IS the best team since 97' with brian greise and tom brady(i think) and c.woodson, not as good, but, still great. I think the trio of perry, navvare, and edwards will make the offense almost unstoppable.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
i just got back from the MSU game (i hate to admit it though GO BLUE ). Smoker looked very good. when the pocket broke down he moved and made the pass still. though the broncos werent the test i thought they would be, MSU still looked good. i think every kickoff went into the endzone, but the punting was horendous. defense looked very good. alot of outside pressure and 6+ sacks. not bad for the first game.

their running back impressed me (cant think of his name #34) in the first half, but did nothing in the second. it might have been the defensive adjustments made at half time, but i dont know. recievers looked good. shabaj is an athlete but trannon is very overrated. we played against both 2 years ago. our smallest db (stands just over 5'2" and maybe 130 soaking wet covered both very well)shabaj got the best of him later in the game, but he shut trannon down for 1 catch for 15 yds).

other than that, msu will be competitive, but not a contender. at least not this year.

U of M on the other hand is going to have a very good season. they looked good. they have all the pieces and when jackson comes back next week (he was suspended for todays game) they will be even better. but they need better competition than than CMU and Houston!!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i agree, i can't wait until they face someone who is at least in the top 50:rolleyes: ;) :D YUeah, perry is proly the best back in the big ten now. We have the best o-line in, so that should help everything.

·
Registered
286 Posts
football!?
Isn't that what them crazy Brit's get into riots about, soorry, I slept thru the games. More to life than anything like that. My opinion but what a waste of time spent with family and friends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts