Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
santa stuffed a FA eliminator express blind under my tree. This means that kevlar has to take me field hunting for geese next fall!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Got a couple of gift certificates to Jays

a 5 round mag for my AR

a Woorich camo hat

And, the surprise of surprises....a fellow hunter and family left a surprise package....a spinner.... :lol:

And before I take any grief about getting my priorities all messed up----divers rule, I just don't mind killing a park duck while laying out in the goose field.

·
Super Moderator
3,241 Posts
Kid be careful.... that lying on your back all dry get kinda nice... :lol:

might even work on the ice... :bash: who would has guessed that... :evil:

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
R&T Cocobolo call and a three sided pop-up blind in Wetland Camo :D

Lot's of fishing stuff.I'll give the new call a go on Saturday :evil:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Shiawassee_Kid said:
santa stuffed a FA eliminator express blind under my tree. This means that kevlar has to take me field hunting for geese next fall!
Great gift!!

Why wait untill next year? What about the week after next !!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
True, True, We might get to go this year.... I have to work steady through to New Years Eve no time to scout. (GM/ Ford/ Chrystler Christmas shutdown) I have Jan 1-4 to get something together. It might happen, just sucks I have to drive a hour to scout this time of year.

Here's my Christmas present, it came a little early.

Lauren Renee' healthy baby girl born Dec. 8, 2005. 9lbs 8oz.

:) :D :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
I got the DU book "Decoys and proven methods for using them." I also got some Ice fishing lures and best of all new tires for the jeep. :D

P.S. December 8th is a great birthday it's mine too! Congratulations!!

Joe

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kevlar said:
True, True, We might get to go this year.... I have to work steady through to New Years Eve no time to scout. (GM/ Ford/ Chrystler Christmas shutdown) I have Jan 1-4 to get something together. It might happen, just sucks I have to drive a hour to scout this time of year.

been wondering if you got yer present! congrats bro.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

So far I have only opened one present from my Aunt and Uncle, its a new upland vest cant wait to get some small game work out of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kevlar got the Best gift anyone could get. A Gift from God :), a Best Friend and a Family Member. Amen. Way to go. Just Remeber to keep them Prioritys Straight. 1} God 2} Family 3} Duck Hunting.

Santa Brought me 2 Dozen GHG Mallard Decoys, 1 Dozen GHG Bluebills, an Electric Guitar. and a Remington 1187 SuperMag. My Son got me a Decoy Bag to Put em all in. What a Great Family I am Blessed With.
Glad Everyone had a Great Christmas.
Hey Kid, Never been out in the Late Season, I would love to give the new Supermag a Try. If you got an Open Spot, Give me a Call.
ZR.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Kevlar said:

And what an "Outstanding" present she is.....
I've been wondering if you were a dad.....Hey ! Congrads for sure !..... :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. Yep daddy again, I have a 2 1/2 year old boy also. This year's christmas was a trip watching him open all his gifts. Talk about a great age for the whole Christmas thing. I've been busy putting together toys...:D The good part is they are getting more user friendly.

As far as presents for me, I got flooded with gift cards. Cabelas and Gander Mountain. We will put those to good use, for sure.

Happy Holidays,

Kevlar and Family :)

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Kevlar said:
...As far as presents for me, I got flooded with gift cards. Cabelas and Gander Mountain. We will put those to good use, for sure.

Happy Holidays,

Kevlar and Family :)
Yep, me too. For several years now, I've told people to just get gift cards so I can pick out what I really want! Also gives me something to do in the dead of winter....road trip shopping to Cabela's or GM :evil:

Congrats Kev on the early arrival. I think I almost see a bit of camoflage in that blanket.... :lol:

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just ducky said:
Yep, me too. For several years now, I've told people to just get gift cards so I can pick out what I really want! Also gives me something to do in the dead of winter....road trip shopping to Cabela's or GM :evil:

Congrats Kev on the early arrival. I think I almost see a bit of camoflage in that blanket.... :lol:
I figured kevlar's kids come out of the womb wearing camo. :yikes:

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Nothing great, so I bought myself a set of Briley .410 tubes ;) Shot them for the first time last night with scores of 23,22,20, took them out and ran a 25 with the 12ga to end the night. Nothing helps the shooting more than shooting .410. It get's you centering the pattern on birds really quick, for example, I dropped a high 2 and could see the shot just in front of the bird, dropped the lead back to the leading edge and wha la. Shooting .410 is a great learning too, you could probably do the same fine tuning by shooting lead out of a turkey choke too, like one of our moderators ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Floating gun case (Don't ask), New decoy bag, both from the boy. Got about $300.00 in Gift cards from Gander Mountain and Cabelas (just ordered new goose dekes) and pants, and shirts. Best of all my son got NHL2K6 and EA Sports NHL 2006. Played XBOX for 2 days straight. Best present will come on Jan 1, 2006 when my boy gets to shoot for the first time.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I got some new hunting clothes, spotting scope, Gander Mtn. gift cards, a couple of waterfowl books(the duck gods must be crazy and Classic waterfowl stories), and a Zink:power Maximus short reed goose call. It looks like my season is dne for the year though. there is no place to go around here and Fish Point and Shiawassee have both drained their fields from what i hear. i would have gladly broken ice to get one last crack and a duck this year but it looks like i am going to have to wait until next year. good luck to everyone who is going.

DB808

1 - 20 of 21 Posts