I gotta tell you guys. I have read your threads and admired your pics. I do not know how you guys do it. I have tried and tried, but to no avail. Most of the patterns I have tried look like a bug that has come off a bumper or windshield. Lol, keep up the good work and maybe one of these days will have something to show that would not be embarrassing!
Actually the gills are pipe cleaner cut to shape, bent, and tied in. Hehe... I might just have to do this for fishables... hehe.
I think I have decided to not use foam for the head. Too much bulk and I could not find any white razor foam. But I think I have something better. I am planning to use .25 mm clear vinyl laminated with foil. There are a few portions of the head that are not "silver" but instead are translucent, hence the vinyl.
A forum community dedicated to hunting and fishing enthusiasts in the Michigan area. Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tackle, tips, tricks, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more!