Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

What beer are you drinking now?

158196 Views 2070 Replies 252 Participants Last post by  Tilden Hunter
I tried this tonight. It tastes good, but as a bock it is disappointing. It tastes more like a porter.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Hellacious rock by shorts and now cherry stout by bells. Pretty standard fall commercial craft brews for mi but still awesome...i was in japan two weeks ago and really really missed mi beer. Sapporo, kurins finest, and asahi, while still beers and thus a fine beverage, just didnt tickle me the same...although they are in vending machines, cheap and you can drink em cruisin in a shinkansen
Some NEIPA from epic brew co from denver and a strawberry blonde from arbor brewing company out from my neighbor town ypsilanti mi
Reactions: brewster
Sour monkey...sour belgian trippel from victory brewing from Pennsylvania...9.5 percent alcohol...tasty as hell...and...where was I going with this???? Number three got me lol! And not toooo horrible of a price...12.99 for a 6er...
Today having a wolverine brewing massacre...a black lager aged in bourbon barrells, tasty and smooth, kind of sweet with vanilla undertones...and is 14.3percent...wow!
Reactions: brewster and TK81
A New holland brewery sour cherry stout 6.7 percent more stout when cold and more sour when warm, and a rockford brewing company hoplust American ipa pretty comparable to a frankenmuth 69 ale and a healthy 7.1 percent
Double dry hopped ipa! Looks good man. What brewery? I cant tell from the pic
Maudite and a la fin de munde from unibroue...not a michigan beer but from our neighbors up north, canada...real solid belgian beers!
Apollyon ale by arcadia...9.3percent golden ale...not bad but not great..tastes identical to new belgium trippel imo..not much carbonation/head though. Would not buy again...would gladly drink for free
Alaskan amber my fav of those but stella number 2 for sure...molson i never liked except for their tripple x i think its called..but at deer camp every beer is a treasure. No beer tonight consumed but i bought the exterior illumination beer by shorts...sour ale with black currants cranberries and northern mi spruce tips...will give this a shot tmrw and report
It's okay. Bought a "The Implication" From OddSide Ales to go with it...much more to my liking...

Am I the only one drinking beer? shame on you all if that's the case!!! report about your warm natural light for all I care!!! C'mon guys, let's get some passion guys...This is very similar to our fishing reports threads these days, mostly secretive with lips sealed, a much lamer forum compared to when I signed up in '07 (yes, 07, despite my low # of posts I've had a few posts minimum in most years, typically quite informative and high quality, just flooding it lately). The purpose of this fishing forum was for more reports and more close sharing, the DNR report is more informative these days which is PATHETIC.
Ale gateau foret-noire...dark belgian beer with a hint of tart cherry from unibroue...10.5 percent and wonderfully delicious. Remarkable brew.
bro that looks creamy and delicious!
My homebrew Porter.
Lagunitas imperial stout..pretty good. Prolly not as good as that oatmeal yeti though Mike has...drooling!

Nice story subocto - i love the slurm lord from shorts it has a lot of the neipa character but also has balls behind it if you will...at whole foods they had it on tap once and said it was an imperial ipa?? Bizarre?
Reactions: Mike and subocto
How is the yoda ipa and the pink shirt ipa in the shorts xmas pack? Batch5000 is a great one and a powerful aphrodisiac. Lol. Drank a liberator from shorts... one is enough not one of their better offerings. Closed out the night with my fav brew sour monkey from victory brewing.
Reactions: Mike
i really like the citra safety meeting version a lot. Got a single in november, still waiting for me in the fridge. Atwater had a similar one i used to get in 2015/2016 it was awesome...they dont make it now tho...i dont think..anyway.
Really diggin the beer chatter from ya'll would throw one or three down with all of you any day
So after falling in the drink on a float hunt today thought I needed a few beers.was going to pick up 51k but I seen that smells like a safety meeting from dark horse was stocked at the local beer store. So had to get that instead of 51k I'll try it next time. View attachment 350195
Creature from the Alegae bloom from maumee bay brewing in ohio. Name is inspired by Lake Erie's algae bloom. Sour double Ipa brewed with kiwi and macha leaves. Supposed to be green after looking it up...but I just drank it from a can so I have no idea...haha
i think cuz that part of northern mi has Wisconsin influence, who'd rather drink 4 watery, wheat/barley/malt based beers than two nice hop heavy ones
I don't know why, but I've always been vaguely disappointed with any of the Keweenaw stuff I've bought. It was O. K. and drinkable, just disappointing. Somehow the taste or feel is slightly waterey. They're one of the few breweries I steer clear of.
Sour monkey from victory. Again. Lol. Hop slam is nice this yr had a single last wk. 2.99 good buy imo, not worth 3.99 which some charge for one.
Vivant brewery wizard burial ground. 10percent belgian quad aged in a bourbon barrel. A truly beautiful marriage of the flavors.
that's a fine ipa. Highly recommend. You ever try the wheat brew by austin bros?
Finally got around to pulling the rear cylinder sipping on a Austin brothers 45er IPA not to shabby. View attachment 371821
1 - 20 of 54 Posts