Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

What beer are you drinking now?

158196 Views 2070 Replies 252 Participants Last post by  Tilden Hunter
I tried this tonight. It tastes good, but as a bock it is disappointing. It tastes more like a porter.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
The snow melted today so I had to pick up dog bombs. The job was improved by drinking a home-brew whiskey stout I brewed in June of this year.
Brother Benjamin is one of my favorite.
Reactions: BVW and Mike
Car Land vehicle Bottle Automotive parking light Vehicle

This is a raspberry porter I brewed in December. I usually don’t care for fruit beers but I took a chance with this. To my surprise, it is very tasty with just a slight hint of raspberry. May need to brew this one again.
Drinkware Tableware Liquid Wine Beer

Home brewed Scotch Ale. Excellent head retention with this brew.

Hammock time tonight.
Reactions: brewster and Mike
Liquid Drinkware Fluid Mason jar Food storage containers

This is NEIPA I brewed a month ago. Finally got around to bottling it today. You have to have a sample when bottling: State Law.

Has a nice hop flavor; can’t wait for it to carb.
Drinkware Beer Barware Liquid Beer glass

Been a little slow on this part of the forum as of late. NEIPA that I brewed a while back.
Reactions: Shupac and brewster
Bottle Drinkware Glass bottle Fluid Drink

Not what I expected. I prefer regular KBS.
Bottle Drinkware Barware Liquid Tableware

Worst beer ever. If you have this at home don’t drink it. Send me a PM for my home address so I can dispose of this for you. I will use a renal filter to render the compounds safe so they can be flushed down the city sewer.

Usually not a hazelnut fan but this is a wonderful beer.
Liquid Beer Drinkware Tableware Solution

This is SMASH APA I brewed at Christmas. Nice clean simple taste.
Reactions: brewster and Mike
I don’t recall the malt as I walked into the home brew store in Muskegon and asked the guy for his favorite APA recipe. A few minutes later he had a bag of grain ready for me. I used 3 ounces of centennial. 1 at 60 minutes, 1 at 5 minutes, 1 at flameout. US-05 for the yeast.
Reactions: brewster
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Stemware Solution

This is a batch I brewed a few weeks back and today was bottling day. The original recipe was a red ale but I’ve slow changed the grain bill and now it’s more of a brown.

I need to come up with a name for this recipe as it has a nice biscuit flavor. People who usually don’t care for anything but Coors ask if they can have a 6 pack to take home.
View attachment 490529

This is a batch I brewed a few weeks back and today was bottling day. The original recipe was a red ale but I’ve slow changed the grain bill and now it’s more of a brown.

I need to come up with a name for this recipe as it has a nice biscuit flavor. People who usually don’t care for anything but Coors ask if they can have a 6 pack to take home.
Tableware Drinkware Stemware Liquid Wine

This is a raspberry porter I made about 15 months ago. It was good from the start but has gotten better with age.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts