Discussion Starter #1
From my limited perch fishing experience if you move 4-5 times

Raft 1 out 50 trips
Gino 1 out of 20 trips
Mitchel's Bay 1 out of 10 trips
Crocker 1 out of 25
St. Luke 1 out of 4
Anchor bay 1 out of 30

Guess where I am going?:D I am sure good perch fishermen do not agree. Also, I think most people just like to go ice fishing and do not care if they catch anything. Nice relaxing day sitting in warm shanty and drinking beer. Why do you think Gino is a zoo on weekends. :lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've limited on Kings on Lake Michigan in early summer softwater, but I've never limited on perch in LSC anywhere.. but I don't get out there often enough.... (I throw back below 7.5" smerch +/-)

I went out with three guys during a tournament and caught alot of perch, don't get me wrong, but we didn't limit. We got more than enough for our meal which was all that mattered. (and a bonus walleye)

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Limit on jumbos?? That all depends on what you consider a jumbo.. to me a jumbo is 11+ and 50 perch that size in 1 outting has never happend for me.. been at this game a long time.. now a limit of 8 to 11+ has hppenend, but not that often.. I have had many 20 - 30 keeper days though..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My guess is youre going to the Raft for a challenge.

·
Banned
999 Posts
U will never catch a limit of perch 11in and over any where's I don't care where u fish not even Lk simcoe ... Maybe if the limit was 25 u might but highly dout it. I don't cars what anybody says , show me it will never happen

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've limited on Kings on Lake Michigan in early summer softwater, but I've never limited on perch in LSC anywhere.. but I don't get out there often enough.... (I throw back below 7.5" smerch +/-)

I went out with three guys during a tournament and caught alot of perch, don't get me wrong, but we didn't limit. We got more than enough for our meal which was all that mattered. (and a bonus walleye)

I wish more people thought this way

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
I think it was at least 20 years ago but...

We took a few limits of jumbos (nothing under 11) out of Brest Bay..

Couldn't fish two poles, and the jig couldn't even hit the bottom! It felt like Disney Land!

I haven't seen perch in there like that since..

<*)))>{

·
Registered
488 Posts
I wish more people thought this way
I just recently took home 18 fish and id say majority of them were 8" with a few 10"+. Ill never take home anything smaller than 8". While cleaning around a dozen of 8"ers, i kept telling myself that i have to take 9"s home next time or its not worth it. lol

Ive seen people take home 5"ers... :dizzy:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Couldn't ask for a better weekend to go. Good luck. Getting on the ice might be tough. I would consider wearing hip boots till you are on solid ice. Shoreline ice will be under water. Just a heads up.

·
Banned
999 Posts
What's a jumbo, 8to10inchers r the best eating u can have huge perch . It's fun to catch um they r all stretched out full of eggs , I'll take those 8 to10 in males any day

·
Registered
148 Posts
I feel that if you can only fit 50 into a 5 gallon bucket that's a limit of jumbos.
I might cut 40 holes in a day and have never used a shanty. If you fish hard enough in the right areas you can make this happen often

1 - 20 of 20 Posts