Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
This was a weekend to remember. Between Saturday and Sunday there was over 80 walleye brought into my boat. :fish::fish::fish:
And happy to say, only one sheephead all weekend!!!!!

All but a few were caught on meat between 18-22 FOW and usually running 1.4 - 1.6 MPH. Sunday we did take some fish on Bomber Long A's with a 3/4 oz snap weight running it 175-200 feet behind the board.

I fished solo on Saturday and was picking away at some fish but nothing more than one every 30-40 minutes. Then after some advice from Lewy149, I got some larger fish and limited and upgraded in 15 minutes after sitting down. Sunday evening we took a 3 man limit the same area in less than 1.5 hours. We hit some fish early on our outside lines during a turn so I decided to speed up to 1.6 to 1.8 and the fish tuned on to where we never could get more than 5 lines in the water. Plenty of fish, but lots of shorts. We were running parallel to the commercial nets to the N/NW.

My poor boat needs some serious TLC after all the fish slime, blood, crawler guts and that darn black worm dirt. I will get it cleaned up nice and tidy before the Walleye for Warriors event this weekend.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
This was a weekend to remember. Between Saturday and Sunday there was over 80 walleye brought into my boat. :fish::fish::fish:
And happy to say, only one sheephead all weekend!!!!!

All but a few were caught on meat between 18-22 FOW and usually running 1.4 - 1.6 MPH. Sunday we did take some fish on Bomber Long A's with a 3/4 oz snap weight running it 175-200 feet behind the board.

I fished solo on Saturday and was picking away at some fish but nothing more than one every 30-40 minutes. Then after some advice from Lewy149, I got some larger fish and limited and upgraded in 15 minutes after sitting down. Sunday evening we took a 3 man limit the same area in less than 1.5 hours. We hit some fish early on our outside lines during a turn so I decided to speed up to 1.6 to 1.8 and the fish tuned on to where we never could get more than 5 lines in the water. Plenty of fish, but lots of shorts. We were running parallel to the commercial nets to the N/NW.

My poor boat needs some serious TLC after all the fish slime, blood, crawler guts and that darn black worm dirt. I will get it cleaned up nice and tidy before the Walleye for Warriors event this weekend.
Yeah I fished over there from 11-2 couldn't get ne size

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job. Good to see you made it back out Sunday.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah it was looking like I want gonna make yet out for a while. I took my daughters 1/2 brother (on her moms side) and his girlfriend out. She had a blast. It was nice watching her reeling in all those fish while grinning eat to ear.

They might go with me again on Friday.

And the hunt continues......

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey hunter maybe i can help with the dirt from the crawlers get a small cooler put ice and water in the cooler 3 to 4 inches deep wash your crawlers in a bucket put clean crawler in small cooler with ice and water now you have nice cold and clean crawlers hope this helps with the dirt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Even better when you can get the kids on fish. The only thing I need to convince my daughter is we want walleye not sheep head.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey hunter maybe i can help with the dirt from the crawlers get a small cooler put ice and water in the cooler 3 to 4 inches deep wash your crawlers in a bucket put clean crawler in small cooler with ice and water now you have nice cold and clean crawlers hope this helps with the dirt
Thanks for that to happen I will definitely try that out. I actually use to do that as a kid fishing with my dad I guess I forgot about it. Lol

And the hunt continues......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts