Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guy's.... It's all my fault:rant: :rant: :rant: .

.SATURDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
PARTLY SUNNY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET...BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET BY
AFTERNOON. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES
3 TO 5 FEET.
.SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS...BECOMING SOUTHEAST 10 TO
15 KNOTS. CLEAR. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET...SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET EARLY
IN THE EVENING.

·
Registered
436 Posts
At what wind speed would you say it becomes extreamly tough to jig the upper DR (let's say the ren cen area just for kicks)?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I might just have to give er a try -- then it's off to the Turkey woods!

Man, gotta love the outdoors!! :)

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
East winds aren't bad for the river, at least the mouth where i fish. It's the south wind that really gets it rough. Just a 10 mph south wind will create 3-5 footers right at the mouth...

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
rjt said:
are you talking about the mouth at erie?
Yep. All those channels that lead out into the lake right at the mouth...the horse island channel, fort yacht clud channel, sugar island channel, ect all get really rough in any kind of a south wind. Once you had a bit up river it gets less rough. However, any other kind of wind is usually fine, i think a north wind is the best for that part of the river.

However, now if it is sunny, you will usually get a good lake breeze from the south during the afternoon. It can get tricky in a smaller boat like ours, because there is rarely a day when it's not rough...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HL,
2000 18foot Tracker Targa with a 115 Merc.
Man is it going to be weird to actually have a livewell..... much less 2 of them plus 2 bait wells! I think I'll put ice and barly pops in one of the bait wells:lol: .

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
not my fault I am setting here with the flu .first time I have been sick in 3 years ..wife said it is because I am run down to many Irons in the fire..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts