Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine and I set up on this cut corn field this morning.

Had one flock of geese fly over but they weren't interested and kept going.

The second flock of the morning wasn't so lucky.

A group of about 15 birds work our spread of GHG full bodies just like they are supposed to.

I called the shot when the first bird touched the ground.

6 shots later, 5 birds were on the ground. A single flew out a ways and made a U-turn and skirted us at about 60 yards, my buddy, who was closer than I was to the bird yelled "I got him". He took 3 shots and didn't ruffle a feather, up went the SBE shooting 3 1/2 Kents BB's and with one shot the bird folded like a cheap suit. My buddy called the distance at 70+ yards.

Well we started to Pick up the birds, my buddy called out at the first bird, "IT'S BANDED"!!! I got to the second bird and it too was banded. So was the third, forth and fifth.

FIVE BANDED GEESE OUT OF SIX!!!!

High Fives were exchanged and there were a few Hollers mixed in.

WHAT A WAY TO START OFF THE NEW YEAR.

I'll try to post a photo.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And to make it just a little sweeter, 3 of the bands were consecutive numbers.

A once in a lifetime hunt.

·
Registered
270 Posts
what else is there to say except congrats. thats awesome. you shot more bands in 5 minutes than i shot all year.

~chris

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Those that are banded together... die together! :p

and nice job!

Just curious, what was the prefix on the bands? 998 , 1008's series (10's were banded this year)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Congrats!! All i ask for is a day or day with that many bands when all the smoke clears

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
ye! congrats on that hunt. that will last forever.:)

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I uploaded two photos. I don't know how to attach the photos to show up here. If you click on that little photo link I think you should be able to see them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
great hunt guys.
keep pounding them.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Eiderdown, just goto your gallery, open your picture you want scroll ALITTLE down below it and hit "the clipboard button". Then goto your post and hit the insert image button.. I hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Congrats guys! My buddy got a goose out of the layout boat yesterday, and to my disbelief no bling-bling, that's our luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts