Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the last day on the Bay for me for the season. It's been a great season down here; and i learned a ton. And met a lot of really cool people; and made a few friend along the way. Tomorrow me and bay creeper are headed to Frankfort; to chase the salmon; and i no we are going to have alot of fun; I have not been salmon fishing in 20 year's; so I'm sure we are going to be getting a education. Anyway best of luck to you all. I'll be looking for riders if you interested in going don't hesitate to PM.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep Timber, its the last weekend on the bay for us also and then headed west for silver fish. May give Frankfort a try but usually hit Ludington. Get those rods spolled up with fresh line and go tustle with some of those Lake Michigan Kings. The bay has been great and will be back on the Saginaw River in the fall. We will be at Caseville for this weekends last hoorah. Boat name Foolish Pleasure on channel 68. If anyone else is up there give me a shout.

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
its been a great season timber.. spring to present...thanks for having me and traci onboard reel slick we enjoyed your company.made a new freind for sure.. we will for sure come over and chase some kings with ya..untill we head out again buddy take care...... mike and traci... tell your wife we said hi ...

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I'm not sure about Frankfurt but salmon fishing has been really good all year! I'm taking a break and hitting the bay this weekend. Had to stay close to home. Just remember to give everyone A LOT of room. 450' of copper gets way back there... tell Matt to rest his arms during the week!

·
Premium Member
30,001 Posts
Take care Chad, really enjoyed fishing with you:) Would love to come over for some silver if I get a chance. Will give you a shout. Thanks for the great times and memories on your boat. Good luck with Matt, don't wear him out before the ice gets here:lol:

·
Registered
25,617 Posts
Yep!! Great having ya on the bay this season Chad. And part of the crew. Good luck on the silver. We will have to set somthing up and come over and hit it with ya. We have Salmon camp for a week with Luther and Frank. We will set somthing up. ;)-------Dan.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Yep 1 more trip for us. With lots of kings in the 17-20# range already. I'm jonesing for chrome.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
111 Posts
I fished Manistee on June 29, 30 and July 1 and caught 32 salmon, 2 steelhead, 2 lakers, and 1 brown. Blue and chrome spoons took a few on the riggers, but most of the fish came on copper and lead lines off the boards with meat rigs and flashers. Most of the fishing was from the shelf out to 300', early in the day. Ya gotta be there for that first bite at daybreak. No sleeping-in for kings!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Nice fishin with ya timber take care and good luck on the chrome!

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
looks like he took his luck to the westside as well:D talked to him this morning and timber /baycreeper /and chad had 7 in the box all 15 to 20 lbers... all on spoons.. fishing frankfort... good luck tommorow fellas...

·
Premium Member
30,001 Posts
looks like he took his luck to the westside as well:D talked to him this morning and timber /baycreeper /and chad had 7 in the box all 15 to 20 lbers... all on spoons.. fishing frankfort... good luck tommorow fellas...
Tell them to save some for us:yikes::lol: Sounds great:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts