Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The birds today had to remind me why they are the king of game birds. Completely humbling. The dog was on his game again and I had a chance to shoot another limit but the grouse won today. Tip of the cap to the birds.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
The birds today had to remind me why they are the king of game birds. Completely humbling. The dog was on his game again and I had a chance to shoot another limit but the grouse won today. Tip of the cap to the birds.

View attachment 791702

How long have you had those pro gloves? I bought a pair but the started to come unstitched and fall apart after the second time I used them. Maybe I just got a bad pair.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long have you had those pro gloves? I bought a pair but the started to come unstitched and fall apart after the second time I used them. Maybe I just got a bad pair.
I just got them this year. I’ve used them probably 6-7 times now and they are holding up nicely. Maybe contact Orvis?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I just got them this year. I’ve used them probably 6-7 times now and they are holding up nicely. Maybe contact Orvis?
I returned them and went back to leather. I did like them while I had them though

·
Registered
913 Posts

View attachment 791702

That’s a real nice gun. Have you sealed the end grains with something.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts

View attachment 791702

I feel your pain.
Saturday morning I had 50 flushes on grouse .I won't take a shot unless the pup is steady and I flush which was at least 25 of them.So I went 1 for 50.lol.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I feel your pain.
Saturday morning I had 50 flushes on grouse .I won't take a shot unless the pup is steady and I flush which was at least 25 of them.So I went 1 for 50.lol.
It was a feeling of defeat yesterday. We probably had more flushes yesterday than we did on Sunday. I just got taken to school by the birds.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I don't know where you are hunting but around my place if you take your limit you will be done for the season. I have only seen one litter of birds this year.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I don't know where you are hunting but around my place if you take your limit you will be done for the season. I have only seen one litter of birds this year.
The question may be where you are at to not have many grouse.County?
I spent eleven days up north in six or more counties and had at least 25 flushes for grouse minimum.My guestimate is around 300 for that trip.
I haven't seen it this good for decades.
I will also add that grouse move greater distances than what is believed.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I'm in Gladwin County and we don't have many birds on my property.
Gladwin was good.
Birds move around.
One day on my mom's there was one bird,that evening seven.
Last time out I believe it was five.Actually four now!
Soon we will know the real truth about grouse and their movements once all the data is collected and reviewed.
Tracking collars will shine a new light on what we thought we knew.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gladwin was good.
Birds move around.
Soon we will know the real truth about grouse and their movements once all the data is collected and reviewed.
They are where you find them

·
Registered
899 Posts
Gladwin was good.
Birds move around.
There's a study putting trackers on grouse? Where can I read about this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have that same gun! I am still getting used to the double trigger however as my other doubles are O/U. Regarding gloves, I use golf gloves which work great (unless it is really cold).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts