Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,726 Posts
Very tempting. Good thing the shanty isn't in the truck or I would have to leave for an "appointment".

·
Administrator
35,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I hear ya. My co-workers think I'm crazy when I call a day with highs in the 20's a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
I have been keeping my shanty and gear in my truck. I thought I might sneak over to a local lake later this afternoon.

I am sitting in a conference room over in Warren, and it dawns on me that my auger is home in my garage! I have been working on it (making a cordless insert) and I left the freaking thing in the garage! :mad:

[banging head on table]

·
Super Moderator
37,726 Posts
LOL reminds me of a cell phone conversation shortly after I was married.
Me: "Hello"
Wife: "Hi, I called you at the office, Wanda said you were out to a meeting."
Me: "Yea, I had to meet with a customer, I'll be home a little late."

In the backround my customer yells "FISH ON!!!!"

Wife: "Well, I can hear you are very busy, I'll let you go. Should I have dinner ready or will you be eating on the lake?"

I knew right then I had certainly married the right woman.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
Yeah I do my best not to lie to her, but I am occasionally a little vague when I tell my wife I am running late.

She is a little less understanding on the unplanned excursions ;)

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I just got back in from the daily dog walk/play time ritual, and it's just a beautiful day to be alive, and really doesn't feel like it's only 13 out.

·
Administrator
35,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sitting in a conference room over in Warren, and it dawns on me that my auger is home in my garage! I have been working on it (making a cordless insert) and I left the freaking thing in the garage!

[banging head on table]
Lol, it will be worth it when you have the conversion done!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Funny how much we're all alike. When my wife calls the office and I'm gone on an appointment her next call is my cell phone to see if I'm A. hunting, B. fishing, or C. golfing. I always get busted during hunting season because I'm whispering!!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Just got off the ice (Wolverine Lake).

Beautiful day? You betcha! If its any consolation, the fish weren't biting all that well. I ended up with one bass and 4 small gills (all thrown back). Best part is, I never had to put my gloves on while fishing.

Even had to turn my back to the sun and face the breeze, thought I might get a sun burn;)

·
Super Moderator
37,726 Posts
Originally posted by WALLEYE MIKE
Yup so nice outside, I just washed the truck. Had about 40 lbs. of salt on it.
Truck washing isn't one of myu strong points, but I ran it through the wash today too, it was too stealthy with all that salt on it, it blended right in with the backround.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
IT truly was a wonderful day. Fish were not bitin on Cadillac at all either, I think this front that is supposed to bring some snow tomorrow has them spooked. Now on toe find a Lake Missaukee fishing/Ice report. Have a GRRRRRREat weekend all.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nice day I agree but a little cold to the north!

chad1

·
Registered
316 Posts
Truely was a wonderful day. Took 5 year old grandson out on the ice and was able to watch him catch his first fish through the ice. Got another one hooked!! He is ready to go again.

Gibby:)

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Anybody see the sunrise today????? Absolutly killer!! Of course it always looks good when you're watching it out the shanty door:D

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Real good day for sunglasses,went to West Branch and forgot my shades and had to do the squint thing there and back..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts