Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Wetland Wonders Winners Announced

1318 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  TheHighLIfe
And it wasn't me, or my usual crew.

Have not heard back from my daughter yet.

We'll be getting our consolation prizes of Cabela's gift cards for the 1000's of miles we drove and the nights spent sleeping in the back of the truck, swatting mosquitoes, living like homeless people. Soon she'll be off to college and I'll be hunting by myself and missing these days.

Water Military camouflage Ecoregion Natural environment Smile

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Pollution Twig Recreation
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
You got a link to the announcement? Steve
Sharing memories with your daughter.....priceless.

Kill more mergs and the gods may smile upon you more.
Have not found an announcement on line. Just got my wa wa wa waaah email yesterday.
i got the same email. but i do not regret my decision to hunt all 7, learn techniques used elsewhere, and witness the diversity of the 7 units. the drives allowed me to see the bounty of our fine state, the freedom we have to hunt millions of acres, and how our licence dollars allow us to do so. i will do it again next year. thank you michigan dnr!
FBD, that's a huge deke with its head out of the bag, what kind? G&H?
Flambeau magnum. We ran five magnums, four standards on a jerk string, and two spinners that day and were covered with birds. More isn't always better.
Earlier in the year we run 18 mallards on one side and a dozen woodies on the other. Later I run fewer than a dozen premium decoys. Except Shiawassee. Everything I've seen there leads me to believe that big spreads win over small spreads, but in all cases we watched them win we were in the marginal zone next to them.

Harsen's: (that's a reed, not her middle finger)
Water Smile Military camouflage Natural environment Sleeve

MWW: first blank there in five years and our only blank in 14 managed area hunts this year. Balloon fell into our zone as we picked up. Weird.
Sky Ecoregion Cloud People in nature Plant

NP. Mom was not impressed with the fake smoke.
Water Plant Plant community People in nature Natural landscape

Fennville, Chistmas break, high of nine.
Snow Wood Branch Watercourse Freezing

Did not get pictures at Fish Point. It was a,quick hunt at all he end of a three day bender and we were wiped out, only to spend hours parked on 75 due to kids throwing rocks onto cars.
Reactions: Fool'em
Its funny about the emails as I never got one but the wife and both boys did. The wife emailed Holly and asked about it and the reply was that my email got kicked back but I was entered. Steve
I haven’t received any “LOSER” emails.... so I must have won!!!

HAHA!
Reactions: Far Beyond Driven
Well stated High Life. And kudos to you Far Beyond. Looks like a very memorable season for you and your daughter. Proud to be in the company of such great sportsmen!
i got the same email. but i do not regret my decision to hunt all 7, learn techniques used elsewhere, and witness the diversity of the 7 units. the drives allowed me to see the bounty of our fine state, the freedom we have to hunt millions of acres, and how our licence dollars allow us to do so. i will do it again next year. thank you michigan dnr!
Reactions: Far Beyond Driven
I am also a loser. But I had never hunted any of the managed units prior to this year. I learned so mush and made some great memories even though we didnt kill a whole lot of birds. I will definitely be driving all over sleeping in the truck hauling boats over dikes etc. again next year.
Haven't received my loser email yet but I'm sure it's coming
losers only get notified if they had all 7, i believe
Haven't received my loser email yet but I'm sure it's coming
So if we didn't get all seven and didn't win they won't notify us?
There's a gift card for hitting all seven - they want to know if you're going to pick it up or if you want it mailed.

Funny they know the results but don't seem to be in a hurry to release them.
Reactions: Bertslash
you will have to check with the dnr on that
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.