Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

West side taxidermist?

1346 Views 16 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  CLUBBERS
Does anybody have information on a good taxidermist on the west side? My nephew just outside of Holland Michigan shot a monster, and the retired guy my brother and I usually use is full for the year.

Here's a pic, he was pretty excited. Far and away the largest buck either he or my brother have ever gotten.
Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Snow Elk

Sent from my SM-S901U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Last few years Mike was usually done taking work by now, but he went full time this year and probably still has openings. He has done 2 deer for me and I am impressed by the work.

I live just north of Holland and use CLC Taxidermy in Ravenna. Christy does an awesome job! She was recommended by a good friend so I gave her a try and I've been very pleased. She did a buck for me in 2020 and is working on a buck I got in early Oct.
She has a business fb page, just do a quick search for her contact info.
Nice one, and I love dudes tuque!
Does anybody have information on a good taxidermist on the west side? My nephew just outside of Holland Michigan shot a monster, and the retired guy my brother and I usually use is full for the year.

Here's a pic, he was pretty excited. Far and away the largest buck either he or my brother have ever gotten. View attachment 867991

I've had Nabers in GR do 2 deer, bear, and a caribou for me. I have been nothing but happy with each experience.
I'll second this one. She did a mount of a big 11 point for my brother. It's a beautiful job.
I live just north of Holland and use CLC Taxidermy in Ravenna. Christy does an awesome job! She was recommended by a good friend so I gave her a try and I've been very pleased. She did a buck for me in 2020 and is working on a buck I got in early Oct.
She has a business fb page, just do a quick search for her contact info.
Another vote for Mike he's done probably 7 shoulder mounts for me and has 3 more of my family's deer there at the moment. He does a great job .
Last few years Mike was usually done taking work by now, but he went full time this year and probably still has openings. He has done 2 deer for me and I am impressed by the work.

I've been very pleased with Wildlife Creations in Marne.
Naber’s taxidermy on 76th street and 131. He has done my entire family for the last 30 years. Incredible work.
Naber’s is as good as you will find. Lookup their website for examples. I believe they do close to 500 shoulder mounts a year.
I’m sure you found someone by now, but just in case check out Grand River Taxidermy in Grand Haven. Our family would never use anyone else. He has a page on Facebook.
same here. He does a fantastic job!
I’m sure you found someone by now, but just in case check out Grand River Taxidermy in Grand Haven. Our family would never use anyone else. He has a page on Facebook.
I’ll give another suggestion for Nabers Taxidermy, they do incredible work for a trophy that will last a lifetime.
Reactions: HuntinMichigan
Thanks all! He's all set.

I really appreciate the suggestions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts