Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sucked......Nuff Said......It was sad to see all of that Grade A spawn go to waste....saw one fish landed by a troller in the harbor.

Hopefully the evening bite for Bigeye Tuna is better!:p

·
Registered
369 Posts
I guess I should feel pretty lucky then:chillin: I went 3-4 (one hen steelie and 2 browns) saturday am at a west side pier. There were only 6 fish landed all day off of this particular south pier so I felt pretty good. Hey, this doesn't happen too often to me (ie. being the envied one:D ) so I have to brag a little.

I don't know the secret though, I cant figure out why I was so lucky. I had fresh, loose spawn tied in bags from a fish I caught on 4-12. I had plenty so I was letting others near me fish with it and I still was the only lucky one while I was there. Go figure?

Anyway, probably my only chance to brag this year.

Thanks for letting me:cool:

Jeff

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
This weekend saturday morning was the best bite over all. The saturday evening sucked as well as Sunday all day. But I know the locals are catching fish now that we have North winds again. I think its going to be a slow weekend again. Not much wind expected and sunshine in the forecast.

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts
3 of us and 5 others fished a west Michigan pier last night hoping for some eyes and nada. They were getting some before the cool down, and other local piers sounded pretty much the same.

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts
TheBigRedDog said:
What pier? I was out at muskegon last night and didnt get anything either Mabye this weekend it will happen.
I'm guessing you had more than 5 friends? :lol:

Check your pm's

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheBigRedDog said:
What pier? I was out at muskegon last night and didnt get anything either Mabye this weekend it will happen.
I was out there too, saw a couple bigeye tuna landed, i was involved in a small part of the landing assistance....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts