Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually this time of year I wouldn't even be thinking this, but with this wintery weather we've been having:rolleyes:
Anybody checked out any of the peirs? St.Joe,South Haven ,Saguatuk..any of them, I'm not feeling to picky at the moment:lol:
Are they treachorusly icy or defrosted?Anybody try fishing them yet?

I don't usually head that way until February or so,but I may be changing my normal game plan!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
saw two stellies coming of the pier on wensday here. They were caught on the traditional spawn rig. I am going to give it a troll on sat. I will post my findings.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Has some guys out on the south pier Monday down here in St. Joe.

The pier looked to be Ice free except for the towers.

Steve

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was pretty fast:)

I'm going to talk to my BIL and see what he wants to do, we had plans to go ice fishing,but they're sort of falling through;)
I've never tried the peirs this early,but you usually can't fish them this early either!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
dinoday said:
I've never tried the peirs this early,but you usually can't fish them this early either!

I would expect that the browns and steelies and Whites will be hanging around the river waters at the pier heads. (Maybe a Coho or 2)

Steve

·
Registered
405 Posts
Steve: do you think clear to the end or just to the rails, where they normally catch them? Next week looks like it might be into the 50's. I forget, when do the license expire? I'm getting to old to remember. I fish the North side, I think. ;)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steven Arend said:
I would expect that the browns and steelies and Whites will be hanging around the river waters at the pier heads. (Maybe a Coho or 2)

Steve

That's what I'm hoping for:D

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Dean,
Even up here at least parts of the piers are fishable. George and I were looking at the Frankfort/Elberta piers yesterday.

·
Registered
405 Posts
catfishhoge said:
License expire at the end of March.
Now all I need is to find the time in my busy schedule (being retired) to get the spawn out and go over and see what is happening.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
dinoday said:
Only looking?:16suspect :lol:
Yes, only looking. We were coming back from a few hours of squirrel hunting/deer scouting for next year. The A&W in Frankfort was calling and soon after eating so was a nap.

I think George may go out next week. I'll be out of action for awhile.

Now all I need is to find the time in my busy schedule (being retired) to get the spawn out and go over and see what is happening.

This retirement gig is harder than it appears............LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts